Notices
Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

WTB: B7 A4 3.2 Quattro SLine+Titanium

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyways.........OP I would offer you mine but mine has a lease I've had it for 24 of the 36 months so far and it only has 12,500 miles

Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
evosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished road
wowww ... that's crazy low miles!

actually the one i'm looking at is on a lease too, supposedly the lease ends in May. i'm not sure how this kind of things works out with a lease ending so soon, maybe i would offer a price to the seller, and he would buy it out? anyone have experience with this kind of situation?

thanks for all the input so far by the way, this is the first time i'm preparing to purchase a car by myself, so i definitely can use all the advice i can get!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
evosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished road
does anyone know what the current auction/wholesale prices for similar A4s is right now?

also, anyone ever had experience with third-party lease buyouts? I've been reading a lot of discussions/articles on various websites, and it seems like a decently complicated process but definitely doable if the deal is sweet enough ...

Old 02-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roccoman
Your best bet is a 2008 which came with the S Line exterior pack std and had a $250 Sport Susp. option.
News to me. Just checked Craiglist. Sure enough, can't find an '08 w/o S Line. However, many come with the standard 17" wheels. What exactly was included in the '08 S Line package?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
News to me. Just checked Craiglist. Sure enough, can't find an '08 w/o S Line. However, many come with the standard 17" wheels. What exactly was included in the '08 S Line package?
All the 08 3.2's came with the Exterior S Line Pkg, which was all the exterior cosmetics (Bumpers, Sill flares, rear decklid) and the 18" 5 Arm RS6 style wheels. The "S Line" Package that year was mostly interior (Steering Wheel, Brushed Alu Trim + Sport Suspension). The seats were the same either way. The interior trim is the only way to spot a real 08' model 3.2 S Line. IT will have aluminum instead of wood. Titanium was only avail for the real S Line, and that added the Different wheels (Titanium finish) Black headliner, Gloss Black int. Trim, and Exterior black optic pkg (Grill, window surround in Gloss black, decklid Trim strip in body color).

Only the 2.0T's had 17" Wheels (5 spoke) that year. 18's and it is a real S Line (unless added after the fact).

Old 02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roccoman
All the 08 3.2's came with the Exterior S Line Pkg, which was all the exterior cosmetics (Bumpers, Sill flares, rear decklid) and the 18" 5 Arm RS6 style wheels. The "S Line" Package that year was mostly interior (Steering Wheel, Brushed Alu Trim + Sport Suspension). The seats were the same either way. The interior trim is the only way to spot a real 08' model 3.2 S Line. IT will have aluminum instead of wood. Titanium was only avail for the real S Line, and that added the Different wheels (Titanium finish) Black headliner, Gloss Black int. Trim, and Exterior black optic pkg (Grill, window surround in Gloss black, decklid Trim strip in body color).

Only the 2.0T's had 17" Wheels (5 spoke) that year. 18's and it is a real S Line (unless added after the fact).
It's all starting to make sense now.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
yup, the SLine+Titanium is more than skin-deep, which is why it's a bit harder to find clean examples of .... but hopefully worth it in the end!

Old 02-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Audi have discontinued their 3.2L V6 for good reason, +1 on the other guy's recommendation for the 2.0T. Bullet proof engine that has won engine of the year award previously, easy/cheap to tune as well.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
good to hear a bit more praise for the 2.0T ... i think i might just swing that way.

looking at a white 2.0T tonight with 35K-ish miles, no bi-xenons, SLine+Ti, cold weather, APR stage1 chip, clean car, 1 minor paint chip in one wheel, lease due to end in May ... seller is asking 26.5k, but I have to negotiate with AFS (holder of the lease) to actually negotiate price, right? I don't want to lowball, but I'm hoping to get a great deal ... any suggestions ?

Old 02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Beginning to get less optimistic that the <40K mile, Quattro, 2.0T, clean title cars are out there for $19 - 20K. Somebody, convince me . . .

Quick Reply: WTB: B7 A4 3.2 Quattro SLine+Titanium