Notices
Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

WTB: B7 A4 3.2 Quattro SLine+Titanium

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
evosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished road
WTB: B7 A4 3.2 Quattro SLine+Titanium

Hey all, I'm looking to buy a lightly used B7 A4 (Sedan or Avant) with the 3.2 V6, Quattro, SLine package, and Titanium Package. DSG would be nice too, but not required ...
I'd prefer it to be low miles (under 30k would be outstanding), and I'd really like it to be Ibis White, though I'm open to anything really.
I thought I had found one but it turned out to be a 2.0T, which is still a great engine, but I'd like that smooth V6.

Anyway, if anyone has any leads to a great car with these specs, that would be AWESOME.

Thanks!
Albert

Old 02-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Albert, Welcome to the Forum. You are seeking what I believe to be a rare bird. a 3.2 S Line would be rare enough, but w/Titanium? That gen A4 never came w/DSG. In fact, the only A4 chassis that come w/it is the B8 S4. Your best bet is a 2008 which came with the S Line exterior pack std and had a $250 Sport Susp. option. That in an Automatic shouldn't be too hard to find.

Good Luck w/your search & enjoy your stay with us here!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roccoman
Albert, Welcome to the Forum. You are seeking what I believe to be a rare bird. a 3.2 S Line would be rare enough, but w/Titanium? That gen A4 never came w/DSG. In fact, the only A4 chassis that come w/it is the B8 S4. Your best bet is a 2008 which came with the S Line exterior pack std and had a $250 Sport Susp. option. That in an Automatic shouldn't be too hard to find.

Good Luck w/your search & enjoy your stay with us here!
?

I'm pretty sure the B7 A4 Titanium has DSG? I know for a fact my friend's B7 A4 Titanium has paddle shifters.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
?

I'm pretty sure the B7 A4 Titanium has DSG? I know for a fact my friend's B7 A4 Titanium has paddle shifters.
Paddles Yes, DSG, no. The B7's had the same 6spd ZF that the S4'sand A6's had at the time.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
evosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished road
ah, yes you are right, i misspoke. the B7 does not have DSG, it has Tiptronic.
Yes, the 3.2 V6 is a rare one to find with these specs, but the 2.0T seems to be much more prevalant... anyone have any experience with both engines in the B7 and any comments on how they compare?

i might go with the 2.0T if there really isn't too big of a practical difference

Old 02-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
The 3.2 is a POS motor, from what I've hard. Get a 2.0t and chip it.

I'm about to buy an Ibis White S-Line Titanium manual avant. These things are like unicorns, they are impossible to find. At least you're looking for a sedan.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
actually Andrew, I prefer the Avant myself (i'm a hot hatch/wagon ala euro R/S4/6 lover)
I have sourced a nice looking 07 Ibis White 2.0T S-Line Titanium Auto Avant near me. It's got 34K miles, and the seller is asking 26.5 for it ... I'm thinking from my research on KBB and dealer listings, a more reasonable price would be around 23 ?

and anyone know the maintenance schedule and common issues to look out for on these? i am completely new to the euro scene if you can't tell yet ...

Old 02-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by evosky
actually Andrew, I prefer the Avant myself (i'm a hot hatch/wagon ala euro R/S4/6 lover)
I have sourced a nice looking 07 Ibis White 2.0T S-Line Titanium Auto Avant near me. It's got 34K miles, and the seller is asking 26.5 for it ... I'm thinking from my research on KBB and dealer listings, a more reasonable price would be around 23 ?

and anyone know the maintenance schedule and common issues to look out for on these? i am completely new to the euro scene if you can't tell yet ...
That's a tad high, but not a terrible price. I'm paying $24.5 for mine, but it has more miles (39k) and is an 08. No nav, but all other options. It does already have an APR chip and exhaust, and KW V2 coilovers, so if the car is stock $23-24k is probably a good price.

Maintenance-wise, I think you just need to watch the oil levels, and have the cam follower inspected every 10k miles to be safe.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
yeah i talked to the seller, he says it just has the cold weather package, no other options i think. kind of sucks that there's no bi-xenons in there, kind of had hoped for that ...

he also has an APR stage 1 chip, but no other mods that he mentioned so far. i'm checking it out on wednesday evening, so we'll see how it goes ...

Old 02-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
?

Connor, It's not DSG. My paddles are just part of Tiptronic set up that Audi added in there A4s as standard for the B7 models for 08.

Quick Reply: WTB: B7 A4 3.2 Quattro SLine+Titanium