Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

[VIDEO]: Harry Metcalfe gets to drive the One-77

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jonbkay is an unknown quantity at this point
Aston do a number of very similar greens including Aston Racing Green, California Sage & Almond Green. Their historic cars are often painted in these or similar greens

It is the most traditional colour you can possibly buy an Aston in.

In this particular instance, the owner has a DB4 GT Zagato, the most desirable & valuable Aston of all time, and had the ONE77 painted to match

I can of course understand someone saying it's not their cup of tea or the colour they would personally have ordered the car in, however bearing in mind the info above, to suggest it's either 'not traditional' or 'hideous', as some posters have, I find rather odd

Old 01-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JLMIAMI is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW this is a true supercar! absolutely in love! the sound is epic!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Aston Martin One-77 review and pictures

Aston Martin One-77 review and pictures
We spend two days on our favourite roads in the wondrous Aston Martin One-77 hypercar. Review and video here

DAY ONE, MILLBROOK. BY JETHRO BOVINGDON.

We’ve been waiting for this moment since the Paris motor show in 2008, so it’s only right and proper that it’s starting like this, at the gatehouse of a secure location. The lens of my iPhone’s camera is being obscured with a special seal and the uniformed staff are stern and stoic, eyeing my signature with suspicion and then reluctantly sending me on my way through the barriers and on to track control.

The not-at-all-Fat Controller is much jollier but then asks for my permit. ‘Erm, I’m pretty sure I have one,’ I reply. He checks his system. ‘It expired in 2007,’ he says, and my heart thumps and throat dries. This is a big day and if my poor housekeeping scuppers it, I may be looking for a new career. ‘Oh no, you were issued another one in March, it’s OK.’ I nod with faux-cool assurance and sign again, this time for a radio called Pogo #707.

Okay, maybe I’m being a little overdramatic. I’ve been to the Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire many times before. It shouldn’t feel so illicit. But this vast facility, packed full of tortuous circuits and brutal surfaces designed to shake a prototype to pieces, is just one of those places that makes you feel an irrational, burning guilt. You know, the sort that usually only rushes from your feet to your crimson cheeks when a police car stops you for a routine check.

Our mission today is pretty undercover too, adding to the tension. By now photographer Jamie Lipman has joined me, looking equally sheepish. His cameras haven’t been sealed up, but he does have a security officer in tow to make sure they point only at one car. I have a feeling there won’t be anything more exciting pounding the high-speed bowl or various handling tracks today anyway. We’ve got our hands on an Aston Martin One-77. Number 17, to be precise. A heavily disguised B-segment MPV doing durability testing isn’t really going to get a look in, is it?

Full story here: Aston Martin One-77 supercar hypercar review video and pictures | evo