Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

My new V12VR on the line at Gaydon

Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jonbkay is an unknown quantity at this point
My new V12VR on the line at Gaydon

Following my visit to the factory on Wednesday when I was able to see the 'marriage', this photo was taken there this morning amd kindly emailed to me - the red is lord's red and doesn't look as light as the pic suggests

Delivery in Jan

full spec for those who are interested
Ceramic Grey (previous Aston colour)
Lords Red interior
Lightweight seats
Carbon pack
premium hifi
obsidian black carpets, hood & headlining
contrast silver coarse stitch including at 12'0 on steering wheel
all the usual CF exterior parts but bright grille & exhaust finishers
smokers pack
front parking sensors
black callipers
fitted umbrella
coarse silver stitch to floor carpets

I already have my old wind deflector

Q options are
quilted diamond stitch lords red leather inserts to inners of seats & door cards, with matched red fine stitch (contrast coarse silver stitch in single line on outline of seat)
lords red leather complete gearstick AND gaiter (using the gearstick from the V8 & V12Zag)
lords red leather trim to floor carpets (coarse silver stitched to same was a NCO)
lords red leather with coarse silver stitch umbrella holding straps & boot 'closing' strap (instead of the standard black)
fitted lords red leather 4 piece luggage (matched red stitch)
liquid silver wheels (normally only an option on the V12V coupe)
Matt plastic door handles replaced with piano black handles as can be see in the photo

Attached Images  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura about
Amazing spec, I can't wait to see the full car when completed. I'm envious of the lightweight seats. I fought for those myself but they aren't legal for sale here in the US. Also respect your choice of colour. I too went for a previous (historic) color for my V12V coupe (1959 AMRG). Can't wait to see the ceramic grey.

Enjoy it in good health. I love the sounds my V12V makes, can't imagine how much better they will be in the roadster.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Very excited for you Jon - nice to both be on Teamspeed talking about new cars for next year! Looks like they will both land about the same time early January...

Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Vernor75
Amazing spec, I can't wait to see the full car when completed. I'm envious of the lightweight seats. I fought for those myself but they aren't legal for sale here in the US. Also respect your choice of colour. I too went for a previous (historic) color for my V12V coupe (1959 AMRG). Can't wait to see the ceramic grey.

Enjoy it in good health. I love the sounds my V12V makes, can't imagine how much better they will be in the roadster.
That's one amazing garage you have ! 4.0 RS & 599 GTO way up on the dream garage wish list ! So bearing in mind you have both those cars and a V12V, which we all know can't compete against a stopwatch or on paper against those two cars, how do you find getting in a V12V when you've just been in the RS or the GTO ?

Does the noise and 'astonness' make up for any outright pace or dynamic shortfalls ?

Love your spec on the V12V - I recall seeing the photos a couple of weeks ago and thinking how good it looked. A green (probably the slightly lighter aston racing green) was very much my second choice for V12VR and we actually put together two differently specced cars at Gaydon (on paper), one in green and one in ceramic, before finally deciding on CG. It was a close call but if I'd been getting a coupe, the green would have got the nod

Great shame on the lightweights in the US - they really do make a huge difference to the 'drama' of driving the car

Old 12-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by PaulGeudon
Very excited for you Jon - nice to both be on Teamspeed talking about new cars for next year! Looks like they will both land about the same time early January...
they are our xmas presents to ourselves ! and in both your instance and mine, for different reasons, they have been very long drawn out affairs !

I guess in some ways v12vr has been on & off for c. 2 yrs (as in rumours, conjecture & hopes) - it was actually not until 2nd May this year when the dealers received very basic confirmation that V12VR was a 100% goer as a project and if you recall, basic spec was released to the dealers in early June, the week before the Le Mans weekend..........it's been a long wait !!!

Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the V12VR, Can't wait for more pictures of it when you take delivery of it, post some videos of it as well, Cheers

Old 12-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
4thirty is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks amazing! Congrats

Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jonbkay
That's one amazing garage you have ! 4.0 RS & 599 GTO way up on the dream garage wish list ! So bearing in mind you have both those cars and a V12V, which we all know can't compete against a stopwatch or on paper against those two cars, how do you find getting in a V12V when you've just been in the RS or the GTO ?

Does the noise and 'astonness' make up for any outright pace or dynamic shortfalls ?
Great question, and a very hard answer to put into words. The V12V is a good sporty road car that has a lot of character. I may get in trouble for this comment but compared to the other cars I own (have owned) I feel the V12V is most like the GT2. Both of which I love.

Why exactly is highly subjective so I'll have to give some thought on how to best express myself. I suppose a lot has to do with how I feel when driving the V12V. The noise, manual transmission, how the interior wraps around you, many little details that all build on the experience. I also enjoy the philosophy the car was built on - shove the big V12 into the smaller chassis. I enjoy my time behind the wheel, all that matters to me.

The wife acceptance factor is also nice. Do anything to get yourself in trouble (like coming home with a 599 GTO), you just pull out the Aston and take her to a nice dinner. Only joking of course, she's actually a car nut herself. Though she really doesn't like the GTO (or any modern Ferrari for that matter).

Congrats on your build again, please do share pictures when you take delivery! I'll be in Birmingham mid-Jan so perhaps if you're picking up in Gaydon you can carry on to B-ham and take me for a quick ride!

Old 12-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vernor, very interesting. I went to the dealer to drop something off yesterday and whilst I was there, we received a call from their bodyshop/parts dept located a couple of miles away - total surprise, car had just arrived there from Gaydon !

Won't actually collect til around 9th Jan with Xmas, detailing then protective film but went over to have a look and took some very poor photos due to bad lighting, cramped conditions and a camera phone..........and a poor photographer ! (me)

If you are anywhere up towards the Northwest when you come over though let me know - out for a spin with pleasure

Attached Images           
Old 12-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
a few more....

Attached Images         

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new V12VR on the line at Gaydon