Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster revealed

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
Perfect!

Old 07-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jonbkay is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Julian
Congratulations! I can´t wait to see your pics.

Which specs have you ordered?
Am due at the factory 18th July to spec it up

Debating between Ceramic Grey with red leather, black carpets, red hood & red callipers or mid tan leather, dark brown carpets, dark brown hood and yellow callipers or just maybe a traditional Racing Green with black hood and dark brown leather & carpets, I guess with black or maybe yellow callipers..............decisions decisions

Old 07-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jonbkay
I have to say I'm not quite sure why they are doing it as a limited run however it does mean they can get away without discounting it, which is unusual for AM over the last few yrs, albeit something they are trying to address - you could effectively get 20% off a new V12 Coupe

Mine is now confirmed as chassis #005 of 101, March delivery.........can't wait !
I'm curious to hear from a real owner does the exclusive production number do anything for your purchase decision? Say it was a normal production at with a price adjustment to match would you have still gotten it?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I'm curious to hear from a real owner does the exclusive production number do anything for your purchase decision? Say it was a normal production at with a price adjustment to match would you have still gotten it?
Short answer is that I would have bought this car regardless of production numbers, at the right price. Certainly in the UK and I guess therefore in other countries too, there are a lot of people that have bought V12V coupes or V8S roadsters as a 'compromise' because they either insist on the V12 or insist on the drop top but haven't been able to buy a V12VR

An awful lot of V12VR buyers will be coming out of one of those cars.

As it happens, on paper AM aren't charging an 'exclusivity' discount, but with no discount available on the V12VR because of the low production numbers but in the UK, 20%ish discount having been available on most other models for pre-registered cars (which the majority of UK purchasers go for because of the discounts), there is a real world premium from V12 coupe (new) to roadster of about £30k (coupe theoretically 140k, available for 115-120k with options but roadster 150k + options and no discount)

This in turn means coming out of a secondhand 1-2 yr old V8S roadster (which I am) or V12V coupe will cost around 75kish to change

No way I'd pay that money if they were making more of these, but if they did make more, it would be reflected in the price as discounts would be available. It's quite cool knowing there will be so few of an end of an era car but that again only helps persuade me to pay the big sums to change - I'm buying the car because it's my dream car, not because it will be so rare

I think it's quite satisfying knowing that a very high percentage of V12VR buyers are enthusiastic owners, looking to drive these cars, as keepers in many instances, often with only 2 or 3 cars in their garage in total, rather than speculators and collectors who would be the normal buyers of low run sports cars - I'll be doing 7.5-10k miles per year in mine as my 'only 2nd car', including occasional track use and European driving trips

Old 07-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Once again, the US market gets screwed. At least it relieves me of the dilemma of trading in a car that I love. I'm not sure I like this example. It looks a lot like that special DBS a year ago. The tomato color paint doesn't suit the car. Having said that, a morning frost with all of that Carbon and Iron-Ore or something rich inside would be a stunner. So I guess I will have to count on my friends in the KIngdom to build their cars correctly.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by jaymoney
Once again, the US market gets screwed. At least it relieves me of the dilemma of trading in a car that I love. I'm not sure I like this example. It looks a lot like that special DBS a year ago. The tomato color paint doesn't suit the car. Having said that, a morning frost with all of that Carbon and Iron-Ore or something rich inside would be a stunner. So I guess I will have to count on my friends in the KIngdom to build their cars correctly.
It's an odd situation that China, U.S. & most of Middle East, which have been the biggest markets for AM outside the UK, don't get this car though that may explain the production numbers. Although I guess China doesnt buy Vantage much full stop, as they don't seem to buy 2 seater cars

Now that V12V is made for the U.S. market, which they previously never thought would happen, there is no logical reason for not sending V12VR to the U.S. unless they would have to go for a dif additonal set of crash testing etc

Old 07-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jonbkay
It's an odd situation that China, U.S. & most of Middle East, which have been the biggest markets for AM outside the UK, don't get this car though that may explain the production numbers. Although I guess China doesnt buy Vantage much full stop, as they don't seem to buy 2 seater cars

Now that V12V is made for the U.S. market, which they previously never thought would happen, there is no logical reason for not sending V12VR to the U.S. unless they would have to go for a dif additonal set of crash testing etc
I'm sure it's the crash test thing. My dealer gave me the heads up about the car back in the fall and That I should get my order ready if i wanted one because of the limited numbers. I mocked a car and then began to have mixed feelings because my V12 has been the favorite car on my resume. Now, I don't have that conflict. What colors are you choosing?

Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I'm sure it's the crash test thing. My dealer gave me the heads up about the car back in the fall and That I should get my order ready if i wanted one because of the limited numbers. I mocked a car and then began to have mixed feelings because my V12 has been the favorite car on my resume. Now, I don't have that conflict. What colors are you choosing?

Really struggling to decide - see my post abov ethough. Ceramic grey or heritage racing green at the top of my list. today.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Want

Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
I like everything except for the vents in the bonnet. Really liking it, though.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster revealed