Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Lotus Exige V6 S Road Test

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 02:36 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the great review Tim.

Personally I think it looks absolutely fantastic and would choose it a million times before any 997, no matter what subjective arguments (door jams? what?) the butthurt fanbois and Porsche employees throw at it.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
destaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox

Personally I think it looks absolutely fantastic and would choose it a million times before any 997, no matter what subjective arguments (door jams? what?) the butthurt fanbois and Porsche employees throw at it.
I think the proper term is door sill; needless to say anyone whose ever gotten into a Lotus Elise/Exige knew exactly what I was referring to. I'd hardly consider myself a Porsche "fanboi" and would have made extremely similar comments if he had tried claiming this Lotus beat Ferrari's GT car "hands down"...

In regards to "Porsche employees" - Porsche salesmen aren't "Porsche employees" and financial motives clearly weren't behind any of the comments in this thread...

Last edited by destaccado; 06-25-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox

I had a long retort; but the truth I'd post would just be deliberately edited. So therefore, I'll spare it.

Tim- I appreciate the fact that THIS very well maybe the BEST Exige to date; but it's not even close to a GT3 caliber car. And if YOU think it's the best sports car you've ever driven- you NEED to start driving other cars more often.

Thanks for the thread none the less.

Cheers.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:16 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^Stoppie Tim has driven almost every new car out there so to say he needs to drive other cars more often is not the case, at all.

This report is his opinion, we should be thanking him for a great review, and the time he has taken to share this with us.

Tim I think you did a great job here, thanks again for this.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Tim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks DJ, much appreciated.

Stoppie, I'll just leave this with one more comment - you may rubbish my opinion but at the end of the day you haven't driven this car, therefore you cannot have an informed opinion of it. When you have driven it you can come back to me and tell my why you think I'm wrong.

To all the other positive people, thanks for the kind words, they are very much appreciated.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by destaccado

Weren't you doing the same thing by telling others they couldn't have an opinion because they hadn't driven the car
Apples to oranges. How can you form an opinion about a vehicle you have not driven, that is what everyone in this thread has done. He has driven it and you guys are jumping on his nuts because he claims it is like or better than the gt3.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Unless Lotus starts producing their own cars with actual LOTUS sourced engines I probably won't be bothered to sit my arse in the car and take it for a spin. But, thanks.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:47 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I had a long retort; but the truth I'd post would just be deliberately edited. So therefore, I'll spare it.
Thanks!

Old 06-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
destaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond reputedestaccado has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yzracer931
Apples to oranges. How can you form an opinion about a vehicle you have not driven, that is what everyone in this thread has done. He has driven it and you guys are jumping on his nuts because he claims it is like or better than the gt3.
The statement made in the review wasn't - "the Lotus is faster and more fun to drive because of rewarding steering feedback and precise handling" it was "the Lotus beats the 911 GT3 hands down"...later in the thread it was qualified to something I'm not arguing against...

...as I mentioned before I have driven an Exige. I just haven't driven this specific one.

Do I have to drive it to see that it still has a cheap interior?

Do I have to drive it to see that the exterior still has kit-car qualities?

Do I have to drive it to know that it has the same door frame design which makes it a pain in the ass to get in and out of even for a smaller guy in good physical shape?

Do I have to drive it to know that I'd prefer a Lotus engine in my Lotus, a Porsche engine in my Porsche, and a Toyota engine in my Toyota? (Honestly this was Stoppie's point -- I'd probably prefer the Toyota engine in the Lotus lol)

Do I have to drive it to know that Lotus's reputation for reliability is nowhere near that of Porsche's?

The Exige can't beat the GT3 "hands down" because it isn't even in the same category. As you used the term "apples and oranges" - that's exactly how I'd describe the numerous differences between these two vehicles. I would venture that Lotus didn't build this car to be competition for the 911 GT3 - hence the most ridiculous aspect of this entire conversation.

In summary; I don't have to drive a fat chick to know that skinny ones are better.

Last edited by destaccado; 06-25-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Well this thread certainly took an unforeseen turn. Great review makes me want to try one out!

Quick Reply: Lotus Exige V6 S Road Test