Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Teamspeed First Drive: 2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Oversteer Overlord
Why should we not compare it to a 911?

Clearly, they are cross-shopped against each other and even the companies will admit, under their breath, that they are direct competitors.

With the Vantage's steering so much more improved, and the 911's electric steering more diconnected than ever, some would say the Aston is actually the more involving car.

But don't let the facts get in the way of brand-loyalty...
Twice I've come close to buying an Aston (even had a deposit down in '06) and twice I've ended up with 911s... I know it's not super fast, I know it's getting old, but damn do I love that V8 Vantage! I'm certain I'll have one some day.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!richarda You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks for the note, @GreenLantern. It's a typo, for which I apologise. You're quite right, it's 346lb ft - and, believe me, it feels like it on the road! Torque is not this car's strongest suit.

Still, it means you simply have to rev it harder. Which is no hardship...

Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^corrected, thanks mate!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely mindblowing...That's gorgeous! I love the rear and the headlights (i'm a light person)
Great photos as well!