Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Aston vantage owners, what are your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
yeah Mike S was kind enough to tell me just how much an oil change was, and that was in euro! someone else told me their vantage has to be reworked cause they were losing a significant amount of torque and horsepower. i guess there are some golden years as well as bad years when buying this brand.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
erliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond repute
Not an owner but it's a GT car. My neighbor has one and while it isn't the world's fastest car, the thing sure does have road presence and sounds magnificent. I guess it really depends on what you're looking for! Good luck.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by erliuic
Not an owner but it's a GT car. My neighbor has one and while it isn't the world's fastest car, the thing sure does have road presence and sounds magnificent. I guess it really depends on what you're looking for! Good luck.
where in nyc are you from.

i'm more fearing from the heavy clutch from what i heard. so much that if i do end up getting a vantage i'm afraid it might have to be a paddle.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll just leave this here

Old 10-15-2011, 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Yank

i'm more fearing from the heavy clutch from what i heard. so much that if i do end up getting a vantage i'm afraid it might have to be a paddle.
You're better off castrating yourself. Go and drive one - you'll see what I mean about the auto box.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:41 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I heard it's atrocious. So disappointing...

Old 10-15-2011, 05:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Shmee150 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I have a 4.7 V8 Roadster, and absolutely love it to bits, such an awesome car.

I've only put 10k miles on mine in a year but a service is about £1k every year/10k miles (my service is next week) but it's absolutely glorious. End of!

Old 10-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
brumma is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
I have heard nothing but bad things about the early vantages with the 4.2 V8... engine must be removed to do some of the maintenance....ask some of the guys on this forum about it, I'm sure they can give you first hand info...
I've never heard anything like that--definitely not something that needs to be done for any maintenance issues. (Perhaps referring to a service bulletin specified repair?) The 4.3 V8 is pretty bullet-proof. I've had no reliability issues. There are a few issues here and there (as with any car), but any well-sorted pre-owned car will have had those ironed out. The interior may not be as flashy as some, but it is brilliant! Certainly better quality than my Maserati was. The beautiful thing is that any bits that look like metal on the Aston actually are metal (inside and out). There's not a whole lot of plastic anywhere. Clutch is a bit heavy, but you get used to it quickly. I wouldn't go for a 2006, they updated the interior a bit for '07. If possible go for a 2009 or later with the 4.7 litre engine--there were a lot of updates for the car that year.

There is actually a great guide on Gaydon era Astons that details the differences and possible pitfalls for all models/years. I'm not sure if I can post a direct link here though. Feel free to PM me for the info.

Oh yeah, in case it wasn't obvious--I love mine!

Old 10-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really nice
I was considering a few that popped up for sale in the 70's range with pretty low miles, but I was scared of the maintenance costs.

if I buy the vantage, it would be for the amazing looks/sound. It would be an amazing GT car which is the intended use of such a car.

I'm glad to see a couple of owners vouch for such a beautiful car, but I'm still not sure I am as gentle with the car as they are, and would love to see some more owners opinions.

-AJ

Old 11-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Arch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Yank

I don´t have a Vantage yet but I´ve been looking into them just as you have and I have driven quite a few since.
This much:
If you´re afraid of a heavy clutch and you don´t want paddles; go with a BMW M3 E92 DCT (I have one, it´s a girly car..(just joking) but a very smooth ride)

Originally Posted by 65°V12
I heard it's atrocious. So disappointing...
The paddles on a V8 4.3 ltrs. are! I find that they are terrible, if I want to brake then I´ll step on the pedal to do so and not want the gear box to do that for me.. It was oh so disappointing

Quick Reply: Aston vantage owners, what are your thoughts?