Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Jaguar reveals new XF

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
Jaguar reveals new XF

The Jaguar XF has undergone a thorough revamp, four years into its life, to help it face up to intense competition from the latest BMW 5-series and Audi A6.

The 2012 XF — which goes into production this July — has been given new front-end styling, tweaks to the rear, extra safety features and changes to the interior, including a new audio system.

Diesel XFs also get a new eight-speed automatic gearbox. But perhaps most important for the sales success of the XF is the arrival of a new four-cylinder diesel engine, which also gets a new stop-start system.

The most important technical aspect of the new XF is the new 2.2-litre AJ-i4D four-cylinder diesel engine, which is expected to account for around 60 per cent of future XF sales.With 188bhp and 332lb ft at just 2000rpm, the i4D unit has had changes to the block and sump, lower piston friction, a new camshaft, a water-cooled turbocharger and extra sound insulation. More sound deadening has been added around the bulkhead and behind the alternator, turbo and starter motor.The upshot is a claimed 0-60mph time of 8.0sec, combined economy of 52.3mpg and CO2 emissions of 149g/km.

Source: Autocar.co.uk

Attached Images        
Old 04-21-2011, 09:40 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
It looks fantastic, TATA is doing a good job with Land Rover and Jaguar.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good but I think I still prefer the older front end.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
It looks fantastic, TATA is doing a good job with Land Rover and Jaguar.
agreed, and with those figures that new diesel could be the perfect dd/beater

Old 04-21-2011, 12:05 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
New front end is much nicer IMO... looks like a proper smaller XJ

Old 04-21-2011, 12:42 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
agreed, and with those figures that new diesel could be the perfect dd/beater
We've had Range and Jag's in our household ever since I was born and I cant state how better they've become in reliability and quality. They are close to "german quality". The Indian company TATA is improving the cars better than what Ford and BMW did with Land Rover or Ford with Jaguar.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
F1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enough
New front end is nicer, but the rear is worse.

I'd take it though.

My dad had a first gen XF and it was probably the best car he's owned, it was absolutely lovely. I presume this can only get better.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
That looks pretty nice. If they took the badges off I would not have been able to identify it's manufacturer.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond repute
Front end reminds me of Seat Exeo.
Not bad, though.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looks superb. When will it be available in US?

Only thing I don't like is the tiny navigation screen. They should have updated that with a 10" wide screen.

Quick Reply: Jaguar reveals new XF