Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Aston Martin Cygnet debuts at Harrod

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
i still can't wrap my head around this concept. it's just weird seeing that badge on a car like that.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I can redeem my harrods card rewards points and use it to get this car lol

Old 12-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Why does everyone say it's overpriced? Well, 1st of all, they havn't officially released pricing information as far as I know. And 2nd, Even if it was a lot of money, why would aston ever sell a car that is the same price as it's competition w/ toyota and smart etc. Aston would completely lose it's exclusivity. OH, but I almost forgot. You can only buy a Cygnet if you have previously or currently own an Aston Martin. I completely understand this. I'd hate to see Aston lose it's exclusivity because of a toyota iq.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:42 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by astonmartinone77
Why does everyone say it's overpriced? Well, 1st of all, they havn't officially released pricing information as far as I know. And 2nd, Even if it was a lot of money, why would aston ever sell a car that is the same price as it's competition w/ toyota and smart etc. Aston would completely lose it's exclusivity. OH, but I almost forgot. You can only buy a Cygnet if you have previously or currently own an Aston Martin. I completely understand this. I'd hate to see Aston lose it's exclusivity because of a toyota iq.
Wrong on most counts, apart from it being overpriced which I don't think it is either. Yes, they have released pricing and no, you don't need to have previously owned an Aston.

And wow, it looks awful in red.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
"Aston hasn't released an exact price, but suggested something in the neighborhood of 25,000 to 30,000, which equates to $36,000 to $43,000 in the U.S. In Germany that base Toyota iQ retails for 17,200. Those U.S. prices don't matter for the time being, though, since the Cygnet will only be sold in Europe to begin with, and only to Aston Martin owners. Production numbers have been estimated to be anywhere from 1,000 to 4,000 annually, which would be about 20% of Aston's sales on the low end, 80% on the high end."

^Found on AOl Autos.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:11 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
"Aston hasn't released an exact price, but suggested something in the neighborhood of 25,000 to 30,000, which equates to $36,000 to $43,000 in the U.S. In Germany that base Toyota iQ retails for 17,200. Those U.S. prices don't matter for the time being, though, since the Cygnet will only be sold in Europe to begin with, and only to Aston Martin owners. Production numbers have been estimated to be anywhere from 1,000 to 4,000 annually, which would be about 20% of Aston's sales on the low end, 80% on the high end."

^Found on AOl Autos.
Um, I have one on order. I doubt my receipt is a "suggested" price. And I have never owned an Aston before, but they gladly took my money.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by jox
Um, I have one on order. I doubt my receipt is a "suggested" price. And I have never owned an Aston before, but they gladly took my money.
Well then, I guess my information is out of date or something. Enjoy your new Aston!

I hope you can get pictures up here! When you get it, that is.

Last edited by astonmartinone77; 12-04-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jox
It's certainly growing on me. I think they will be still be rare enough to keep the Aston feeling special regardless of whether it's a DBS or a Cygnet. Have you got the latest issue of Aston Martin Magazine with the red Cygnet on the front? Article in there is a great bit of marketing for the car, even if it is about young women zipping around drinking champagne in Paris

Old 12-04-2010, 04:47 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
Well then, I guess my information is out of date or something. Enjoy your new Aston!

I hope you can get pictures up here! When you get it, that is.
Thanks

Yeah, I guess the AM owners-only thing was just a PR stunt. While I think this car will do just fine on its own merits (it is the ONLY proper luxury city car in the world), I am not ignorant enough to think this car was anything other than an attempt to get average CO2 emissions down in their lineup. But I don't really care - I want an extra city car to use going between meetings downtown, and this is the only car you don't need to compromise with in terms of luxuries and comfort. And I imagine second hand value will be through the roof here in Europe. So much that I think this will work out cheaper after a year of ownership than if I had bought a Toyota iQ that will plummet at least 30%.

Delivery is supposedly during Q2 2011. I'm actually really excited!

Old 12-04-2010, 04:48 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Jox you've got the Brabus Smart which is custom as well, interior , exterior.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Cygnet debuts at Harrod