Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Lotus stuns Paris with six new models

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:47 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by famoussas
Most of those cars just look to similar too already existing to cars to really impress me - a shame.

Elan looks like a VW Scirocco from the front, Espirit looks like a Murcialago, Elite looks like a Ferrari California and the Eterne...Rapide anyone?
Eterne yeah too many Rapide similarities, though the Rapide looks 100 times more better as the overall design looks sleek, sexy and appropriate for a coupe/saloon whilst the Lotus looks too mixed with many car stylings.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
I just found this in Evo's Journalist Chris Harris Twitter:

Official Porsche statement in response to Lotus news: "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! !!"

chris harris (harrismonkey) on Twitter

I don't know if it is a joke but if it is true... damn.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ferrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Is the Elan supposed to replace the Evora?

I still dislike the look of the Elise but the more I look at the other designs, the more I'm starting to like them. They look good, but they just don't look like what I think a Lotus should look like.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:38 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ferrari FL
Yellow Esprit is mind bogglingly beautiful, two thumbs up Lotus.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Yellow Esprit is mind bogglingly beautiful, two thumbs up Lotus.
Hate to correct you, but that's the Elan.

See? I told you they all look exactly the same!

Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Alzilla

Had a gut feeling I was wrong

Old 09-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Alzilla

What IS the difference? I'm having a really hard time telling the two apart in the photos...

Old 09-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
I hope this ends well for Lotus, but I'd be surprised.
Proton is losing sight of the current fanbase, and making the cars generic IMO.

I've had the pleasure of driving a supercharged Elise on a sunny day through back country roads which I'm familiar with...
It's driving nirvana. Just you and the machine.
Seems like this experience is less important to Proton than the profit margin.

Also, ~80k for the next Elise? Is that a joke?
Especially when it'll look like a Toyota concept car...

Old 09-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Why so many cars which all looks the same?
I'm really confused trying to figure out what exactely they are doing here. I can't spot the difference since they all look the same and all the similar sounding names just makes it even worse.
They don't look bad at all, but first I need to understand their model strategy.

Quick Reply: Lotus stuns Paris with six new models