Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Xjr-15

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by jox
Oh, I know of them, I was just curious about the story on yours They're not exactly an easy find!

And for the record - I'll take an XJR-15 over an XJ220 any day. LOVE them and this may very well be the coolest car we have here on TS!
Not much of a story. It has taken about 2 years to find. It is Chassis 50. Last one built and been sitting in a private collection in Germany for the last ten years. It is a "road" version with the 5 speed syncro gearbox.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
here is a bad video from when we got the engine up and running smoothly for the first time:

YouTube - Jaguar XJR-15

Old 08-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
F1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enough
Utterly fantastic to see one in such good condition.

Amazing you managed to find a road version and the last one built as well, during my dream searches (will probably never be able to afford something like this) I can only ever find converted race versions.

Be lovely to see candid pictures of you out and out on the road, these things are all too rare as they are, and noone ever seems to drive them.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Boxer and thank you for sharing with us!

Old 08-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Huge congrats, Boxer! She's a beauty!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by F1GTRUeno
Utterly fantastic to see one in such good condition.

Amazing you managed to find a road version and the last one built as well, during my dream searches (will probably never be able to afford something like this) I can only ever find converted race versions.

Be lovely to see candid pictures of you out and out on the road, these things are all too rare as they are, and noone ever seems to drive them.
Thanks. It took close to two years of quietly looking to find a good one. It seems that one or two come to market globally every year.

I did buy it with the intention of driving it so hope to have some good pictures and on the road impressions shortly. I have talked to one gentlemen who has owned one for close to 15 years. He uses his semi-regularily but still only puts a couple hundred miles on it a year. His key comment was exhilarating but brutal. I think it is the last comment that keeps mileage down more than values (it is only worth a bit under half of what my F40 currently is)

Old 08-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
spunkymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by joshg120
wow i had no idea this car even existed i only had heard of the xj220, nice post!
I was in the same impression a few months back. Than I saw a Xj15 in a workshop near me area.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
I remember racing this car for many years on Need for Speed 3 when I was a kid. Thought it was stunning to look at then and it still fascinates me today.
Big congrats to this car, I wouldn't be surprised to see these rise in value in a couple of years. They have gone under the radar for a lot of people, I can't understand why...

Old 08-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
pretty sexy congrats

Old 08-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Thats bloody fantastic mate ! Well done and it couldn't go to a nicer bloke

Is there any truth to the notion that these cars are hard on clutches or gearboxes ?

Seriously beautiful car...one of my all time favourites !