Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Red Hot Lotus Evora here and ready to be picked up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010 | 01:13 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Chris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud of
350 Supercharged is great I wonder if it will be a TRD supercharger. If they were to source an engine from Toyota and go all out, imagine one of these swapped with an LF-A engine.

Old 08-24-2010 | 01:14 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Chris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stuka
I am sorry, but I really don't get it.

The Exige and the Elise I get, light car, decent power to weight ratio, badass on the track (saw it in action in my group at Sears Point and Thuder Hill).

Evora is heavy by Elise and Exige standard, has a hamster powered motor, so what makes it a car worth looking into?

I really want to understand, since this car does have backseats, which I need.
It definitely provides a unique alternative to it's direct competitor the Cayman. It has the look of a Lotus and of course the handling. As far as the engine goes, the 276 horsepower 3.5L V6 Toyota sourced engine, if anything is reliable and efficient. 0-60 is under 5, and quarter mile is in the 13's. The Evora is actually quite friendly to the wallet at the gas pump. But looking deeper into the engine, this is a V6 that has been used time and time again, of course tuned to the Lotus specifications. This is a reliable mid engine, efficient beauty, precision handling, and striking looks. This car offering 2+2 seating (with nice Recaros if my eyes don't deceive me) - most cars in this class do not. This is also helping Lotus to become more of a mainstream company and not just a hobby or loyalist car. You can never eliminate a car that sparks your interest until you drive it.

I saw this Evora the other day when I applied to Lamborghini Miami for a Sales Executive position, it really is stunning in person. Lotus has always been an over-achiever in the cosmetic elegance. The gauges are also stunning, and the red is brilliant-

Old 08-24-2010 | 01:26 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barto_Z32
imagine one of these swapped with an LF-A engine.
lol, some size constraints to consider there guy

Old 08-24-2010 | 01:45 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting, the US website said the curb weight is barely under 3000 pounds.

If that's the case, the car might not be as slow as I thought it would be, since the E36 M3 (the real one, not the fake US one) started out with 286HP on a 3000 pound chassis, and that was not a slow car by any measure.

Old 08-24-2010 | 03:33 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by IIVVX
lol, some size constraints to consider there guy
Yes however it would be a blast. It wouldn't make the car that much heavier either-because that engine is so light, but yes size constraints are definitely an issue

Old 08-24-2010 | 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Red is great...id have to get one in BRG

Old 08-24-2010 | 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be driving one on Sunday. I'll report back with what I think of it.

Old 08-24-2010 | 05:24 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ferrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good in red!

Old 08-24-2010 | 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stuka
I am sorry, but I really don't get it.

The Exige and the Elise I get, light car, decent power to weight ratio, badass on the track (saw it in action in my group at Sears Point and Thuder Hill).

Evora is heavy by Elise and Exige standard, has a hamster powered motor, so what makes it a car worth looking into?

I really want to understand, since this car does have backseats, which I need.
+1 I agree 110%

Old 08-24-2010 | 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Barto_Z32
It definitely provides a unique alternative to it's direct competitor the Cayman. It has the look of a Lotus and of course the handling. As far as the engine goes, the 276 horsepower 3.5L V6 Toyota sourced engine, if anything is reliable and efficient. 0-60 is under 5, and quarter mile is in the 13's. The Evora is actually quite friendly to the wallet at the gas pump. But looking deeper into the engine, this is a V6 that has been used time and time again, of course tuned to the Lotus specifications. This is a reliable mid engine, efficient beauty, precision handling, and striking looks. This car offering 2+2 seating (with nice Recaros if my eyes don't deceive me) - most cars in this class do not. This is also helping Lotus to become more of a mainstream company and not just a hobby or loyalist car. You can never eliminate a car that sparks your interest until you drive it.

I saw this Evora the other day when I applied to Lamborghini Miami for a Sales Executive position, it really is stunning in person. Lotus has always been an over-achiever in the cosmetic elegance. The gauges are also stunning, and the red is brilliant-

I just cannot see how this can fit Lotus Car buyer demographic. Lotus owners buy their cars to track, as toys. Although many do drive the Elise on the street, it's not a street car for anyone other than a very hardcore person. I think many of us don't realise what the actual market is like, as most of us fit into that "hardcore" love for the sake of the car group.
I just don't see Lotus needing to fill some sort of niche.

IMHO Lotus will NEVER, and I repeat NEVER be a mainstream car company. I have many reasons for saying that. I love Lotus like no other, but to try and become mainstream would be barking up a very unfortunate tree for their bottom line and the Lotus Cars name. I've seen other marques try to do this, and all they succeed in doing is watering down the companies reputation and for naught. An Evora is not going to be Lotuses saving grace, so please oh please, don't make the mainstream move.

Lotus are already getting back into racing, finding themselves again. Please Lotus, keep moving forward with your racing lineage. They broke into the US market ( with the help of Proton) and the US, they have started rolling that boulder back up the hill. Please stay true to Colin's vision.

I've not heard what Arnie's feelings are on the Evora but I'm keen to know.

Cheers
Jenn

Last edited by LandspeedJennifer; 08-24-2010 at 05:38 PM.