Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

The Lotus Evora is here....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chris try and take a vid clip of the sport exhaust sound please?

Old 03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you taken one out yet Chris?

Old 03-31-2010, 11:47 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jim
I felt the same way until I saw it in the flesh. . .it's much better in person, IMO.
I agree... it does look really sharp in person. For the money I think it is a good car.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
what do these things cost?

Old 03-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Diggin the blue, with the right wheels, and a drop this car will look HOT.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Chris try and take a vid clip of the sport exhaust sound please?
Will do!

Originally Posted by JonA85
Have you taken one out yet Chris?
Still no. Hopefully this week/weekend.

Originally Posted by SteveH
what do these things cost?
Around $85k as it sits.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Looks kind of nice....from the side and the back it's very good looking...not so much the front...

Let's hear more when you have tried it ;o)

Old 03-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
CaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond repute
We had a little event here for the unveiling a little while back. Man this car is sexy in person.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, so I drove it.

Initial impressions are that: It is NOT an Elise. Much easier to get in and out of. Much more room. Controls, while 'lotus quirky' are easier to navigate.

SHIFTER is MUCHO better!! As with any Lotus, the pedals are very close together, so you must pay attention to that. Clutch feel is pretty good. Better then any other lotus I've driven. Steering wheel is adjustable up or down. Not in or out.

Visibility is actually, surprisingly pretty good as well. You don't feel as blind as you do in the Elise.

Power / handling: This is where it gets....................weird for me. As soon as I got in it I tried driving it with some 'pedal' into it. I like the sounds it makes...definately a 6 cylinder in the noise department. The power comes on pretty strong, but again, this car is light. Remember Lotus is 'performance via lightness'. It definitely likes being pushed hard and you do enjoy keeping the revs up. However, in the first turn-in on the highway I actually felt the car 'over steer' while getting onto the on ramp. Something that is NON existent on the Porsche Cayman. It was actually shocking. It's not nasty, or scary, but you start accelerating hard and the car 'pushes' while cornering. You'll have the same thought I did "This........is odd." Not expecting that, especially for a Lotus.

Unfortunately, I didn't get that much seat time as I had to go back to work, and there were PLENTY of Police (thank you Ohio) so I'll try and take one out for an extended review.

Other things I noticed: when the windows are up, you can actually hear yourself think, it's surprisingly quiet. The Leather and Seats are very nice. Hold you in place and for me, felt comfy enough. Just not sure how they would be on a long distance jaunt.

Exterior- we just got in (pictures to come) a Dark Grey Metallic on Black and A Black on Black Evora. The Evora in Dark Grey is - BAD ASS. The LED blinkers and Xenon lights give this car a very exotic look.

All of them are head turners.

Everyone knows I'm a Porsche fan boi; but this is very cool car. I just need to spend more time in it.

For the real Lotus freaks, I think they'll enjoy this car too.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:55 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Stoppie the question is if you have 75k to spend right now on a relatively new car, do you go with this, a base carrera, or an "S" with a few miles on the clock?

Quick Reply: The Lotus Evora is here....