Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Is the AM V8 Vantage a good DD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
Paul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura about
gumballed a 2007 in the 06 rally , totally daily drivable.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura about
Nice to hear! I think that i have decided on a Meteorgrey 07 manual with fox leather! It's sad to see the RS4 go away but the Aston is just the car to replace it with!
Had a looong think of going all-the-way and buy a DBS since they are an investment really now (importing it from Germany). But in the end I think that I'll wait untill next year for that!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Thanks for posting this. I've been considering a V8 Vantage for some time, but I keep ending up buying Porsches (and I had an RS4 in there, too!).
I had my eyes on a C4S prior to the Vantage but after driving the Vantage (and heard the exhaust noise!) i was totally sold! Good luck with whatever you choose to do

Old 03-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
Where you been boy?!?
I am a lurker...

Old 03-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RedRS
Nice to hear! I think that i have decided on a Meteorgrey 07 manual with fox leather! It's sad to see the RS4 go away but the Aston is just the car to replace it with!
Had a looong think of going all-the-way and buy a DBS since they are an investment really now (importing it from Germany). But in the end I think that I'll wait untill next year for that!
Congrats! Regarding your DBS comment, you reckon prices on that car are about to bottom out?

Old 03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
The Vantage is a fantastic and beautiful car. It may be out-shined by the C2S in terms of overall performance, but it would be a great car nonetheless. Nothing else quite like Astons on the road... but do get the 4.7!

Old 03-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Congrats! Regarding your DBS comment, you reckon prices on that car are about to bottom out?
They are starting to do soo, but they are less money in Germany than they are in Sweden. So importing one to Sweden and drive it for awhile COULD cost you nothing in terms of depreciation. But then a DBS is a rare sight in Sweden so it may very well be so that there are no buyers for one here.

But a DBS with 22000kms on it for 149,000 euros is a fantastic price. So we'll see what i come with....

Old 03-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
The Vantage is a fantastic and beautiful car. It may be out-shined by the C2S in terms of overall performance, but it would be a great car nonetheless. Nothing else quite like Astons on the road... but do get the 4.7!
I drove the 4,7 but couldn't justify the extra money over the 4,3. But i agree that the 4,7 is more refined.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Hey RS you should visit the Swedish thread and introduce yourself I would love to daily a Vantage! I reckon it would be a nice car as it's more of GT/Sports car than a pure sports car.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Dev
Teamspeed Rookie
Dev is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, it depends really. If you don't have kids and you don't need a lot of groceries and things of the sort, then its a great daily driver. My father has driven his almost everyday weather permitted and has no problem.

Quick Reply: Is the AM V8 Vantage a good DD?