Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Autocar drives the Aston Martin Rapide

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
this has taken such a long time to get to production. i saw it almost 2 years ago on the stelvio pass testing and looked almost ready. what have been the problems? cant say it does much for me however.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Wow, thats ugly.

The back seats look horribly claustrophobic.
I totally agree. If you had anything close to a spirited drive while people were in the back you better hope they did not finish a meal within the last 2 hours. Thus my comment about only going to restaurants within 5 miles of your home or you may have the unpleasant experience of sharing your rear passenger's meal. The smell will never come out of the carpets and the monitor in the back seats may short out on you. NASTY thoughts I know but I can't imagine it not happening.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:54 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
I love the look of it from the front and back, but that is only because it looks exactly like a DB9. The side profile looks a little off, but I thought the same about the Panamera until I saw it in person, so I will withhold judgement. Definitely a win on the interior though

Old 02-07-2010, 12:38 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Updated Op with Video test

Old 02-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
How it took AM this long to launch this car is beyond me. I was already bored with it a year ago, and now that it has launched, I'm not excited about it either. It sounds great but it looked awfully slow in the videos. If the Rapide had the Panamera Turbo's drivetrain, it'd be lust worthy but as it sits right now, it's just sorta "meh".

Old 02-07-2010, 11:44 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
the Panamera wins

it`s quicker,handles better,is cheaper and has a real world use as a 4dr sports car

it looked anything but planted when they had driven it down the road...

Old 02-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are right, I am over the rapide too. But not because it took forever to come out, but because of this...

Name:  3958602690_756412c05a_o.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  219.8 KB

Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Estoque > *

Old 02-09-2010, 02:38 AM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
Somehow I had completely forgotten about this car. Estoque FTW! (or at least from the front since I recall it having a horrible back end).

Definitely an awesome picture Kevin! Rep!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
You guys really think the Pan looks better than this? I find this one to be gorgeous as a 4-door saloon! Legroom in the back isn't the best, but it seems to work quite well if you're not going on longer trips. I think AM did a good job on developing this model.

Quick Reply: Autocar drives the Aston Martin Rapide