Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Autocar drives the Aston Martin Rapide

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Ughhh...the side view makes the Panamera look good...
As the French might say, quoi?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
look at the side view picture provided by the OP...it's not good

Old 02-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by DJ
Panamera FTW
uhhhmmmmmmmmm............

Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
After being up close and personal with this car and I can can say that interior space leaves something to be desired. Of course the look and feel of everything is top notch, quite what you would expect from AM (though I find the DBS interior for example to be more ergonomically friendly). At 6'3" I had a hard time folding myself into the rear seat and the trunk has less space than a 2dr fastback.

I will say the car is quite beautiful in the flesh, much better than it appears in pictures. I am a few weeks away from driving one so I can't comment on that bit, but aesthetically I think this car is a success. As for it's utility, well, not sure that you would use the extra space realistically any more than you would had you bought a DB9.

Last edited by ctzn; 02-06-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely better looking than the Panamera. Thanks for posting this nice article

Old 02-06-2010, 05:35 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, thats ugly.

The back seats look horribly claustrophobic.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
I think it looks good, but... I wish Aston could have done something different as far the design goes. It looks like they have taken a DB9 and stretched it out and put another couple of doors on it.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Boot is tiny, rear legroom looks tiny - stupid car.

I'm going to the UK launch at the Dorchester on the 18th - will take a couple of pics.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
Still $200K for this thing?

Old 02-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Ughhh...the side view makes the Panamera look good...
Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to agree with this guy. I don't like it near as much as I thought I would. I (and I kind of hate myself for saying this) would go with a Panny over this any day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGSwmof1bPg&feature=sub

Quick Reply: Autocar drives the Aston Martin Rapide