Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

New Aston Martin Rapide Shots

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning interior and they did a decent job on the exterior too.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:25 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
so this is a GT for 4 people right?

honestly,I would not want to sit in the back for a few hours...
the thing in the middle as well as the low bucket like seats won`t offer much space to move or change your seating position

Old 09-24-2009, 01:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Not a big fan but its way better looking than the Panamera. I'm not really a 4 door kind of guy though.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Although the interior is very nice, couldn't they at least have changed something about the dashboard?Apart from the button count, every single AM has got the exact same bloody dashboard, and while it's very nice, you'd think that the interior styling department would actually have done something with their time since the launch of the DB9 some five years ago.
I know the DB9 got a refresh with bigger buttons for the 2009 model year, but that doesn't count....

Originally Posted by ECB
so this is a GT for 4 people right?

honestly,I would not want to sit in the back for a few hours...
the thing in the middle as well as the low bucket like seats won`t offer much space to move or change your seating position
I think it's a "2 adults + 2 kids" proposition. The press photos display that combination. And a dog, although I'll be damned if I know where you're going to put it. Maybe they had enough and are leaving the kids and dog behind.

Last edited by MiniRup; 09-24-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Your wrong to say I am wrong cause I am right... I am always right!!!
I was talking about looks...
So was I....

Old 09-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Way better than panaemenaamenaeanra!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
If I just bought a Panamera I would be throwing up right now. Classy and stunning.
blurr...blaaahhh...beeeurr..raaahhh .... arrgghghhhh... BAAAARRRRRRRRFFFF!

yeah.. no doubt this car looks fantastic, copying db9s and vantages is a pretty good starting point. I think the problem lies there though. It is so similar but clearly not as pretty, coming from such a good looking family this is is simply the big ugly sibling.

The styling in my eyes has not evolved much over the past 5 years, how will this car look in 3 years?

Rapide, unlike the 2 AM coupes, is also more likely to be used as a DD. The questionable reliability and poor quality of internal finish of AMs, which for weekend fun cars matters little, might be more of a concern for the rapide. Styling is incredibly important but slightly less in this segment of the market i think.

Panamera or rapide, which will sell more and why?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h-bo
To be honest, I'm sort of struggeling to see the appeal of both cars, at least with the hgiher-spec Panameras. While I'd venture a guess that the Panny is more roomy than a Rapide, neither of them looks estate-like to me, and I figure that if you can afford either of those, you could afford a quite decent coupe from either marque as well as a Range Rover or M5/E63/RS6 estate, or saloon for that matter, to lug the family and associated junk around. In that light, the poverty-spec Panameras make more sense to me, because they target the "either or" market, not the "can have both" one. H-Bo, I don't know if you ever wrote it out large, but what was your motivation for getting into not one, but two Panameras?
End of rant/blatant hi-jack.

Last edited by MiniRup; 09-24-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniRup
To be honest, I'm sort of struggeling to see the appeal of both cars, at least with the hgiher-spec Panameras. While I'd venture a guess that the Panny is more roomy than a Rapide, neither of them looks estate-like to me, and I figure that if you can afford either of those, you could afford a quite decent coupe from either marque as well as a Range Rover or M5/E63/RS6 Estate. In that light, the poverty-spec Panameras make more sense to me, because they target the "either or" market, not the "can have both" one. H-Bo, I don't know if you ever wrote it out large, but what was your motivation for getting into not one, but two Panameras?
End of rant/blatant hi-jack.
The first one he got because he didn't drove his GT2 enough (and thats because he couldn't bring his dog in it) and Porsche made him a GREAT deal buying the GT2 back if he would take the first Panamera of their hands.

The second one I think he's getting because he was curious of the car and to be able to spec it, and now that he has had one for 2hours I bet he really likes it.....

...I think

Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h-bo
The Panamera will be the new Cayenne..

a V6 will come soon as well as a Diesel version

this way a lot of potential customers can be reached

Well anyway...the Panamera is just plain SICK
I love it...just the way it is

take a look at this test and any doubts will be gone that this car rocks :

Panamera Turbo vs. S 63 AMG - Ganz großer Sport - Sportscars - autobild.de

at the Sachsenring it ran a lap time of 1 : 40 ,52
which is (according to Autobild ) faster than the Porsche Cayman S, 911 Carrera PDK, Audi RS6, BMW M5, Mercedes E 63 AMG and many more

enough OT..

the Rapide looks sexy but is not exactly practicable...
just a car for the looks......and it looks like a DB9 with 4 doors...which means something