Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Report: Lotus to launch Evora convertible by 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:58 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Report: Lotus to launch Evora convertible by 2011

Following hot on the heels of full details released on the new Lotus Evora come reports of a convertible version to follow within a couple of years. Although this isn't the first time we've heard news of a convertible Evora in the works, previous reports suggested that a fully automatic retractable hard-top would be fitted. And while that may jive with the placement of Lotus' first automatic transmission in the Evora, it would completely negate the niche that the company has carved out for itself in lightweight construction. Instead, latest reports suggest that the top will simply be opened up with a classic targa-style fabric roof panel like on the smaller Elise, to offer the open-air experience with minimal weight and structural trade-off, although extra reinforcement of the chassis will be needed to cope with the open roof.

A supercharged version is also in the works with power bumped up from the standard model's relatively modest 276 hp into the 350 to 400-hp range. In the meantime, the first 450 customers to order the Evora will be treated to the initial "launch edition" that comes packed with all the options: the Tech, Premium and Sport packages, 2+2 seating and either Ardent Red or British Racing Green color options. American buyers, however, will have to wait until next year to take delivery of U.S.-spec versions.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
It looks great! Can't wait to see one in person.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad to hear it is officially coming to the US. I'd take mine in BRG with a yellow stripe and red interior please!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
I start to like the this car more and more. The design isn't as spot on as the Exige or Elise, but it's a very cool car. I could easily see myself in one of these in a few years ahead. Is there a configurator up yet?