Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Geneva 2009 - Aston One-77

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mad_Al can only hope to improveMad_Al can only hope to improve
they should have called this car one-5 because thats the amount they are probably going to sell

Old 03-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, those EVO promo shots are SICK!!!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mad_Al
they should have called this car one-5 because thats the amount they are probably going to sell
, should almost neg rep you for that, little birdies working at the largest AM dealer around here say many more than Five are coming just to the Gulf.

And far as the price goes, I say its worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. This car is not supposed to be some superformance bargain a la Z06.

First of all, its an Aston Martin which to me justifies the ridiciolus price. And even that does not do it for you, consider this. Would it really be worth it for Aston Martin to pour millions into creating a new limited edition car with a production run of ONLY 77 units and ask around $300K as some are suggesting? (Vanquish/DBS Money)

Even with a price tag north of $1 mill I struggle to see how AM could make a profit of this car. And just for reference, there will be more than 3 times many Veyrons when their supposed 300 unit quota is filled. And several magazines have raported that VW are planning more in the form of the Grand Sport and the supposed 1,3K HP final version.

[/ rant]

Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
The Vang, I totally agree with you on Veyron, number of reservations for coupe are getting close to 300 to close the series and about 90 Gran Sports are already sold or reserved from 150 cars production run. I think it is market success, especially in this times, but I must admit that Veyron is really a hypercar with über-dynamics.
It will be great if Aston will be able to sold out One-77 production run. But there are reports coming that those more than hundred expressions of interest do not fulfiled with money changing hands for this car. There are reports saying that are some 25 real accpeted orders for One-77 till today. This is a great number in the crisis times, but it is not nearly close to being sold out. There was same story about DBS sold out for 5 years of production, and what we see now - plenty of DBS sitting on dealers' floors with discounts under list price (MSRP in US) and minimum of new orders coming in.
To recall not successfull stories, just remember very pessimistic story about SLR, that project is really very close to the One-77 and it was complete fault. Yes, the production numbers were much higher than One-77, but the price was much more lower than Aston's price. And the times were different, I must admit much better times for purchasing performance car and still no market success.
To my mind to enjoy relative market success this Aston needs to be priced aproximatly at SLR level or slightly above it and to be produced in same amount of cars, than it would go well. I would like to add also that I will be happy if I am wrong on my statements and One-77 will enjoy market success, just because I like this car.

Last edited by D55L; 03-09-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:14 PM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots from unseen before angles of view. Really amazing.

Attached Images   
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
AutoCEO is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting... definitely unique. The front looks pretty cool though!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mad_Al can only hope to improveMad_Al can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by The Vanq
, should almost neg rep you for that, little birdies working at the largest AM dealer around here say many more than Five are coming just to the Gulf.[/ rant]
Nice for the Gulf inhabitants, since you dont see a mil$ car sitting on a dealer lot everyday. Reyoice Mr. Fanboy, you can now go visit your dreamcar everyday!

Old 03-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Originally Posted by Mad_Al
Nice for the Gulf inhabitants, since you dont see a mil$ car sitting on a dealer lot everyday. Reyoice Mr. Fanboy, you can now go visit your dreamcar everyday!
I have to disagree with you on this. First of all, as I know Aston do not sell this car to dealerships, only to the final customers. Second thing is that, of course, all cars are not sold out according to previous reports, but about 25 cars are sold till Geneva opened doors, so it may be even higher numbers as today, because there are fresh order came in during Geneva auto show.