Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Geneva 2009 - Aston One-77

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009 | 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
That doesn't feel million + dollars to me...
+1, it feels more like a possible DB9/Vanquish replacement to me

Old 03-03-2009 | 03:29 PM
|
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
EVO magazine article on One-77 (and some pics):

Aston Martin's One-77 hypercar is now much closer to reality. After months of teasing information and pictures, the car has been revealed in full and chassis number 01 is on display at the Geneva motor show.

The display itself is split between two cars – a model of the production car’s exterior, as well as an open display of some of the One-77s mechanicals. Aston has also revealed a couple of production car shots.

The £1million+ One-77 looks set to be a bit of a technological marvel, too. Its structural core is a lightweight yet tough carbonfibre monocoque, visible on the first chassis (pictured), while racing technology is filtered down to the car in the shape of inboard suspension. Double wishbones at each corner are combined with pushrods that transfer vertical suspension movements to horizontally mounted spring/damper units, resulting in reduced unsprung weight and neater packaging of the suspension.

There are also fully adjustable dampers which feature advanced Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve (DSSV) technology. It’s a world-first on a road car, and allows the One-77’s shock-absorbing characteristics to be tweaked without parts being removed from the car. Aston’s engineers will also develop each individual One-77’s suspension to suit its owner, the bespoke and exclusive nature of the car allowing you to set up anything from a long distance cruiser to a Nordschleife demolisher, apparently.

Performance should be pretty scorching too, with a target weight of 1500kg mated to a rather potent 7.3-litre V12. Final figures haven’t been disclosed but 700bhp+, 200mph+ and 3.5sec to 60mph are on the cards.

Great shots of chassis.

Attached Images     
Old 03-03-2009 | 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Lol.... that was the biggest anti-climax in automotive history!
exactly what I was thinking... I was wondering if people clapped

Old 03-03-2009 | 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I actually love the looks of the car! If you take a look at the chassis in the last couple of pictures, all the CF and polished aluminum that went into the construction of the chassis just scream supercar to me! Plus, INBOARD SUSPENSION!!!!! That's straight racecar stuff! Those lights are killer but the one area where Aston dropped the ball on the One-77 (besides the price) was the wheels. I would've loved to see something more exciting. Perhaps a centerlug version of the V12 Vantage wheel?

Old 03-03-2009 | 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I really like this car. I actually love it. But who and the hell said, "Hey, let's buy Aston and then make our first car cost a million F**king dollars...yea that sounds good." If this was indeed the vanquish replacement priced like the vanquish then this would be a sure fire winner.

Old 03-03-2009 | 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol.... that was the biggest anti-climax in automotive history!

Old 03-04-2009 | 06:00 AM
|
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I really like this car... ...If this was indeed the vanquish replacement priced like the vanquish then this would be a sure fire winner.
I like this car too, but to my mind this car should be priced maximum like SLR to be a sure winner. It is simply do not worth one million pounds, there are really unique cars to choose for that price tag, like Zonda Cinque or Bugatti Veyron.

Old 03-05-2009 | 04:53 AM
|
Few press phots of One-77 from EVO magazine.

Attached Images   
Old 03-05-2009 | 06:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
msindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond repute
I think its HOT

Old 03-05-2009 | 07:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's REALLY good looking, especially in blue, but to me, this design - and by that I mean exterior styling - would be perfect as a Vanquish replacement. The front grille and rear haunches, and the squat appearance just reminds me of the Vanquish.

Concerning the price point, here's something for you to laugh at: In Denmark, we have a 25% VAT. On top of that, in the vehicle registration tax for a car is 180%, if you want to be able to actually drive it on public roads. So, on the road, in Denmark, this car would cost something in the neighborhood of 3.5 million Euros....

Quick Reply: Geneva 2009 - Aston One-77