Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Cote D'Azur stlye, Monaco Blue Aston Martin DB9 Coupe'

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 12:44 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Mo, it's all about Mendip blue...classic AM.
Yes but I've always been affiliated with dark shades, since the name "Monaco" blue has a relation with my life style, travel and preference I want it. Its the same thing with the SLK55 I've got the colour is Designo Mocha black, the mocha in the name has a connection to my preference in coffee which is A hot dark chocolate mocha. Whether or not I will get an Aston Martin in the future depends on my financial status and the look of the next GT coupe they offer as the DB9 is been out for a while.

I like my cars to last and its hard to separate them with the new, I traded my 1997 Champagne Gold XK8 for the SLK and was missing it badly. Hopefully if I am lucky I would love to be in one of the following:
a)
Next SL AMG
b)
C63 AMG hopefully facelift
C)
Aston V8 Vantage/lower entry model (replacement) or the DB9 replacement.

I just created this thread to share my excitement and passion for cars of fine engineering that being the DB9 as its a luxury and one of the best cars on the road especially with the new B&O sound system.

I would love to get an Aston but as you all know I love Mercedes roadsters a lot and that is another thing to be considered, I've been thinking that a change from Mercedes must be a good thing and that is by having an aston I can have a different taste in cars, handling and the overall experience of owning an Exotic. I am not the type of guy that wants something that shows status or wealth, I admit that the Aston shows it off much more but I love its sleek looks and I am a big fan of GT's.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty down to earth response - i agree with much of what you're saying. My dad drives a gray Mini Cooper 'S' as his DD as he doesn't want everyone knowing he has the DB9 Volante. I actually think he prefers the Mini to the DB9 at times as it is so much more usable!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:56 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty down to earth response - i agree with much of what you're saying. My dad drives a gray Mini Cooper 'S' as his DD as he doesn't want everyone knowing he has the DB9 Volante. I actually think he prefers the Mini to the DB9 at times as it is so much more usable!
The cooper s is a fantastic car, it sounds and looks great. The doors are heavy and it feels safe regardless of the size which puts people off here afraid that of potential cases of incidents down the road with buses etc.

Yes I saw pictures of your fathers volante its a great car, I am fortunate of having to drive a few Astons as my older cousin is a collector and enthusiast with a DBS, DB9 and a Vanquish S ultimate edition. To me Astons are an all time favourite, I love the DB5 and the DB7 GT as well. I had a Vantage on order but canceled it as I wasnt intending to have a 2006 model as a Daily driver back then due to fact that they only offered it in manual gearbox back then.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Mo you need to get some pics of his collection! I've always loved AM's since i was a kid and saw the DB5 in Goldfinger.

I also remember taking a look at this with my parents in London many years ago and being totally blown away:

Old 01-02-2009, 01:24 PM
AMGFanatic
Mo you need to get some pics of his collection! I've always loved AM's since i was a kid and saw the DB5 in Goldfinger.

I also remember taking a look at this with my parents in London many years ago and being totally blown away:

Yes I love that Vantage, I will try to see him and get him to open the garage the problem is that everyone is busy with is own life. I might be just lucky to see him twice or three times a year in family re-unions or other celebrations. I used to see some Aston's, last time I was in England back in 2002 I stayed in Kensington and saw a Vanquish and a DB7 not far from Holland park and they were just stunning sitting out there in the rain parked not far from Cafe Nero.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Red Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond repute
As a long-time admirerer, and now Aston owner, I also think "loud" colors don't suit the DB9/DBS. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and most, if not all, love the DB9/DBS shape. Color is a bit more subjective though.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura about
I really like this color on the DB9. The profile shot really demonstrates how much longer and elegant the DB9 is over the Vantage.

Nice pics

Old 01-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
Its hot, but I wouldnt buy it on this car