Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Aston Teases World With One 77 At Paris Show

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Aston Teases World With One 77 At Paris Show

It's certainly a special car, but is it a) pretty enough and b) worth almost $2 mil? I'm not so sure.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:46 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
A) Definitely yes, common since when do astons make ugly cars
B) No, I'd rather get a bugatti veyron or many other super cars.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Btw at the official website (one-77.com) it says that the engine will be a 7.3 litre V12, could this be the same engine as in the Zonda? Because there were a lot of rumors some time back that Aston might team up with Mercedes Benz in the future and that Zonda engine starts life at AMG...

Old 10-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Somebody should've run up and pulled the cover off for the press...

From what I can see it does look pretty awesome.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:03 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Btw at the official website (one-77.com) it says that the engine will be a 7.3 litre V12, could this be the same engine as in the Zonda? Because there were a lot of rumors some time back that Aston might team up with Mercedes Benz in the future and that Zonda engine starts life at AMG...
Maybe that can be possible.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I like what I see so far. The side vents sort of remind me of the Corvette ZR1 though. $2M is a lot of money to shell out for an Aston, but if it has the performance credentials (similar to Veyron) then it might be able to justify it to some degree. I just don't see how this car, no matter how much power it has, can compete with the Veyron for performance. The limits of a front engine, rear wheel drive chassis keep it from ever reaching a top speed anywhere close to that of the Veyron. The frontal area required to fully contain an engine up front basically toss any likelyhood of a 240+ mph top speed.

Still, it's a gorgeous car and has mounds of potential to be something great.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I like what I see so far. The side vents sort of remind me of the Corvette ZR1 though. $2M is a lot of money to shell out for an Aston, but if it has the performance credentials (similar to Veyron) then it might be able to justify it to some degree. I just don't see how this car, no matter how much power it has, can compete with the Veyron for performance. The limits of a front engine, rear wheel drive chassis keep it from ever reaching a top speed anywhere close to that of the Veyron. The frontal area required to fully contain an engine up front basically toss any likelyhood of a 240+ mph top speed.

Still, it's a gorgeous car and has mounds of potential to be something great.
Oh yeah you can definitel forget about Veyron beating performance, the car (from what I heard) 'only' gets ±700 bhp.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
Somebody should've run up and pulled the cover off for the press...
Not that I've done that in the past ...

Old 10-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Can not wait to see the rest of the car, DEF not worth $2 million!!!! or even $1 million

Old 10-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
Red Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Can not wait to see the rest of the car, DEF not worth $2 million!!!! or even $1 million
99.999% of the world would agree (as do I), but we aren't the target audience.

Quick Reply: Aston Teases World With One 77 At Paris Show