Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: Which car should I get?
Diamond White/Designo Porcelain/Piano Black
31.91%
Palladium Silver/Designo Black/Anthracite Poplar
68.09%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Need some input on the ML63 ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
CongratZ again Ed

Old 07-01-2012, 10:33 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car!
Not a Mama only car imo...
I`d happily use such a beast to go out with friends on a trip or haul people/family to events/restaurants/movies etc

Old 07-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Congrats Bonehead! Looks great!

Is it just an optical illusion or is the new ML at least 3 ft longer than the old one?!?
Ya know, I had my 2010 ML right next to it and didn't even look at them side by side. Seems to be about the same inside, space-wise. I'd have to look at the actual spec sheet to know if there was an actual difference.

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Congratulations, I'm a big fan of the ML. We had the first generation ML W163 it was such a great SUV.
Originally Posted by roryfcs
Great choice, not only is that interior much nicer, but I love that silver - much better than the white. I have not seen a silver like that before.
Originally Posted by Dutchie
Voted Silver, good to see you got that one. So much work to keep the white nice. Enjoy it with the fam.
Originally Posted by GrayTT
CongratZ again Ed
Thanks fellas!

Originally Posted by ECB
Nice car!
Not a Mama only car imo...
I`d happily use such a beast to go out with friends on a trip or haul people/family to events/restaurants/movies etc
No, not a Mama-only car, but primarily one. Most certainly a great vehicle to take into town with friends. Still looking for a replacement for my STi which could fit a similar bill......

Making the trip back home this afternoon. The Mrs. was all smiles on her first time behind the wheel yesterday. I have a feeling she won't let me drive much today

Last edited by bonehead; 07-01-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Ed,
Congrats to you and the your lady.
Give us a spec sheet or pic of the window sticker with all the options. I understand how some are anti-MB, as I was until recently. They have really been putting out a better product lately. They handle much better, very solid and smooth ride feel, and great interior build. The new SL rides just as smooth and comfortable as the new Bentley GT, but just not as good looking.
The only thing that I am not sold on for the ML63 is its exterior looks, but I have not seen one in person yet.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Ed,
Congrats to you and the your lady.
Give us a spec sheet or pic of the window sticker with all the options. I understand how some are anti-MB, as I was until recently. They have really been putting out a better product lately. They handle much better, very solid and smooth ride feel, and great interior build. The new SL rides just as smooth and comfortable as the new Bentley GT, but just not as good looking.
The only thing that I am not sold on for the ML63 is its exterior looks, but I have not seen one in person yet.
Thanks!
For a truck, it's not bad looking. Aesthetically, I prefer the X5 or even the Q7. Interior-wise, hard to beat MB.
On the way back home today, I didn't throw this around any corners with my wife and daughter in the car, but as far as straightline speed and highway-bombing, it's pretty brutal for an SUV. And I gotta say it again, the sound of that V8 is just awesome. My next car has to have one of those!

Here's two pics I took of the sticker. Hard to get all the info in one pic without making it completely illegible.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Saw a test the other day and they had it hitting 60 in 4.2 seconds, so yes pretty brutal acceleration

Old 07-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome choice! Enjoy it!

Old 07-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Great options. Glad you sprung for the performance pkg. This truck hits 100mph a full second faster then a CTT. And the driver assistance pkg, IMO these are the 2 must have options for this truck.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats !!

Old 07-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats

Quick Reply: Need some input on the ML63 ASAP!