Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

2012 CLS63 On An Airstrip...Racing A Nissan GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
2012 CLS63 On An Airstrip...Racing A Nissan GT-R

So, in my day job, I'm an automotive journalist. As you'd imagine, this comes with a few perks: the occasional press trip, getting to read Teamspeed at work without getting in trouble, etc. But by far the best one is getting to drive some amazing iron like I stole it.

Anyway, a couple months back, we happened to have the new CLS63 and a 2012 Nissan GT-R in the office at the same time, so we took them out to a secret location we don't like to talk about in order to wring 'em out a little.

And just in case you were wondering, let's just say while the GT-R's acceleration is renowned...the CLS63 does a shockingly good job keeping up.

[0-60] 1080 Horsepower Drift Session

The Mission:
To explore the limits of two of today’s most versatile high performance automobiles. Also, to hoon the everloving hell out of them.

The Cars:
2012 Nissan GT-R Premium. 530 horsepower, 448 lb-ft. 0-60: 2.9 seconds. Top speed: 196 mph. Price as tested: $91,230.

2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG with Performance Package. 550 horsepower, 590 lb-ft. 0-60: 4.3 seconds. Top speed: 186 mph. Price as tested: $114,535.

The Location:
Top secret.

Mission Successful?
Judge for yourself.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Great video, thanks for sharing! You do indeed have an amazing job! I got to drive the 2012 CLS63 in August in Monterey, California and I was completely blown away on how good this car was, incredibly quick but also so planted in the turns.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Great video! Awesome cars you got to play with there.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looking good, CLS63's are amazing out of the box. We just finished tuning one and the gains are impressive!

Old 12-10-2011, 02:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
Khalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the roughKhalil is a jewel in the rough
Wow, I actually didn't think the video was great at all. In fact, I thought it was pretty bad.

90% Of the video aside - two awesome cars!