Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

My SLS woes... what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Al12183
I am the guy who had similar condensation problem with my SLS, and trying to let him know that the headlight condensation is apparently an easy fix if he would just bring it to a place with AMG centers. At least thats what the tech at mb bev hills told me. Who are you?

I know who you are, I responded to your additions to the thread. Just poking fun at your newness on the TS forum. No harm.

Who am I? Ever seen Karate Kid?

Old 12-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Banned
Whatcop? is infamous around these partsWhatcop? is infamous around these partsWhatcop? is infamous around these partsWhatcop? is infamous around these partsWhatcop? is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Who are you?
Ehhh someone that is unfortunate enough to know Bisan outside of the forum world.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bisan
Just heard back from MB USA. They told me there is nothing they will do for me. In anyway shape or form.

The car is operational now and thats all that matters to them as far as they are concerned.

I politely took the information and hung up. The gentlemen taking my case stated that he would try and get me some compensation for my time back and forth from the dealership, I told him I won't hold my breathe.

So my dealership and MB USA have told me to kiss off in not so many words.

What now fellas? I need a car oriented attorney fast!!!

I don't understand how this works ... have you spoken to the owner of the dealer?

It amazes me how badly you are getting shafted for you 200k ... Maybe get in touch with AMG proper?

Old 12-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Bisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sheynk
I don't understand how this works ... have you spoken to the owner of the dealer?

It amazes me how badly you are getting shafted for you 200k ... Maybe get in touch with AMG proper?
It amazes me too, I am waiting to here back from the Sales Manager about something they are trying to work out.

Also another night with condensated headlights! Yay!

Old 12-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
I would have shoved that car so far up the managers asshole that he would WANT to pay to get it out. Thats super shameful on their part. Again, (read the suggestions but...) have you tried to get in touch with AMG AG?? There is no way they would just leave this issue dormant with the most expensive/prestigious car in their current lineup...

Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bisan
Just heard back from MB USA. They told me there is nothing they will do for me. In anyway shape or form.

The car is operational now and thats all that matters to them as far as they are concerned.

I politely took the information and hung up. The gentlemen taking my case stated that he would try and get me some compensation for my time back and forth from the dealership, I told him I won't hold my breathe.

So my dealership and MB USA have told me to kiss off in not so many words.

What now fellas? I need a car oriented attorney fast!!!
Wow. Amazing but not surprising.

Nothing gets done anymore without lawyers and lawsuits.

Lawyer up!

Old 12-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Burn the car collect on the insurance. More importantly close out this thread. Who cares!

Old 12-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Who cares!
Everyone else in this thread.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Bisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JCay
Everyone else in this thread.
Thanks, I appreciate you responding to that comment.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond repute
Have you had a reputable independent body shop look at the car for evidence of repair or paint work yet?

If the car is mechanically sound and hasn't been damaged prior to your purchase, MB is meeting expectations. If the only problem is headlight box condensation, I'm not sure that qualifies the car as a lemon and if it bothers you bad enough, your state likely has some type of buyer protection against non-disclosed nuisances. In Texas we have the Deceptive Trade Practices Act, which means that anyone doing business needs to disclose facts that would make a reasonable person not purchase a good or service.

I'm not surprised to read your story. Get good counsel and if the car continues to break, let counsel help you and share your story with the public. If a buy back comes to pass you'll obviously seek recovery of some nuisance costs and legal fees. However if the car remains good, be a good customer because they're documenting your actions as well.

Quick Reply: My SLS woes... what should I do?