Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Evosport - New Development on Cooling Upgrades (Top Mounted Intercoolers)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Banned
brad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished road
Evosport - New Development on Cooling Upgrades (Top Mounted Intercoolers)

Hey all, this post is in reply to the numerous comments that evosport has moved on from the 55k platform. Well, that could not be further from the truth. We have just been focused on some serious upgrades as we have already covered all the easy ones.

So, here we go....

Announcing our next cooling upgrade - The evosport evo2 Cooling Package. This is more commonly refered to as Top Mounted Intercoolers or SLR-Style Coolers

We have flow tested the lower splitter for any turbulence or resonance issues, and I will be posting that info shortly.

This package will be a direct upgrade for those with our evo1 Cooling Package or as a stand-alone complete upgrade.

We will have the first article on a member's SL55 (Hi Havoc) this fall.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Thanks
Brad

Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned
brad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished roadbrad @ evosport is on a distinguished road
Here is a quick update. This is the final version and CNC programming begins next week. First articles will be out very soon!

I will have some flow update info shortly as well.

Again, to restate a few facts:
- This system will reuse ALL factory sensors
- This system has cooler cores rated to over 1200 HP
- This will be a complete system with air filter

Thanks
Brad

Old 08-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Banned
Some pressure and flow info:

As you can see the pressure drop is VERY small across this splitter. In fact, it is only .0001 lb/in*2 across the entire piece.

This splitter will allow for very effective flow, allowing for very small losses at the most critical piece - the splitter.

Thanks
Brad

Old 08-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
Chris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to all
Wow good looking work guys!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned
So we spent a little more time refining the design with the aim of truly optimizing the performance.

Here are the last of the flow graphs:

CNC programming is done. Material is being cut next week!

Thanks
Brad

Old 09-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned
Sorry for the little lapse. I have been out of the office a lot lately, so I have not had the chance to update the thread much. Manufacturing has begun, and got off to a rocky start with a few key bits on the machine breaking! =( We are back at full speed and I will share a quick video and image. We are not sharing anything more detailed until the parts are complete.

Video of the machining process

Here is an image of the logo plate:

Thanks for all the support!
Brad

Old 10-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned
We are getting close to having them actually on the car and running!

Obviously these are just sitting on the stock airbox for now (on a microfiber), but this shows the size and location nicely.

Thanks
Brad

Old 10-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Former Sponsor
Jay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant future
Can't wait to get my hands on a set!! Got a E55 AMG anxiously waiting for them. Looking great Brad.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Ahhhh yes!!! Simon told me about these. Let me know when they will be available! Need one for my SL55

Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhh I like those. Can't wait to see the finished product.