Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

I'm in another SL

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
The tail light is an easy retrofit, from what I know its a plug and play. Keep the OEM wheels they are perfect, not a fan of the ADV they look very "heavy" on this car. If I was going to suggest you a wheel it would be the M40 HRE, however I think the oem wheels are just perfect; dont touch them.

PM on the way with the details.
I just googled the facelift tail lights. I can hardly see the difference?
I was thinking one piece ADV's, not the general 3 piece versions - which in anycase doesn't matter as I'm staying with OEM now.

Got the PM, thanks

Originally Posted by IIVVX
beautiful spec mike, i believe the SL's are the lightest 65's by quite a margin eh?
Thanks IIVVX! I have no clue, but I hope so

Old 03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Mike you've got to see them in person, there is a difference. Go to your dealership and see the SL63's and SL65 facelift model.

If you want carbon fiber for a reasonable price you've got a shop called Revozport, much more reasonable to oem parts.

For the SL65 there are ECU and TCU tunes with drop in filter and 155mph limiter removal and other items such as larger turbo's and cooling parts good for excess of 720hp

The Basic Kleemann ECU gets the car to 700hp.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Really beautiful. Congrats Mike. Love your stable....very well balanced if that's an appropriate way to describe it