Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Edition 79 G55

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 04:22 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Tint looks great! Did you also tint the front windshield?
Thank you, yes even the front windshield is tinted. It looks slightly dark here but in person its much lighter. A friend of mine didnt notice its tinted at all, I wanted it light because in the dark it might look even darker due to the black interior.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:27 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Cannot stay away from this thread.... keep looking for new pix
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Holy SH!T how did I miss this. This is THE G wagon to have. Couldn't have gone to anyone better!
Thank you, more pictures soon.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
AY! Didndt even see this thread, congrats Mohammed, best of luck wit her!

Old 12-31-2010, 07:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
That looks fantastic, in and out ! It must be the BEST looking G-Series I've ever seen. Classic mean looks combined with high-tech underpinnings ! Perfect combo !

Enjoy it in the best of health ! It couldn't have gone to a better home !
You are as much an AMG fanatic as I am a M addict

Old 12-31-2010, 10:35 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Ced
AY! Didndt even see this thread, congrats Mohammed, best of luck wit her!
I appreciate it, thank you my friend.

Originally Posted by Clubber
That looks fantastic, in and out ! It must be the BEST looking G-Series I've ever seen. Classic mean looks combined with high-tech underpinnings ! Perfect combo !

Enjoy it in the best of health ! It couldn't have gone to a better home !
You are as much an AMG fanatic as I am a M addict
Yes exactly, very much an AMG fan as apposed to you being a big //M Fan.

Glad you like it, I wont be fiddling with the exterior will bump the power a bit because its a heavy car.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond repute
How do you like the car so far? A lot of people is saying that is to hard on the suspension and not comfortable + the consumption is very very high, what is your opinion?

Thanks!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:53 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Alex_55
How do you like the car so far? A lot of people is saying that is to hard on the suspension and not comfortable + the consumption is very very high, what is your opinion?

Thanks!
I'll tell you this the car is not for everyone, if you love the car and truly appreciate its appeal,history and what its made for; you will look over and surpass its flaws and enjoy its unique drive.

The car is rough, sometimes in bad roads it gets bouncy and the steering is pretty heavy. The ride is bouncy and to be honest the closest metaphor comes to mind is the ride is close to a Jetski going fast on small waves.

The steering is pretty heavy, you have to put a lot of input to make it turn as apposed to driving a range rover or a cayenne where with the slightest move it turns. The G-class is a military car modified to civilian use, so it has live axles and is completely different to say a Range Rover which has a unibody.

The car is comfortable for me, I've driven far worser cars but I've got to say the new seats are a major improvement over the previous narrow one's offered on the older models. The new seats are from the E-class (W212). I have adjusted the lumbar support and its very supportive.

Judging by your post I doubt its the car your looking for if you want comfort. If you want the best of offroad and comfort a Range Rover is for you which feels very comfortable due to the air suspension and unibody.

I hope I've explained how it drives, I absolutely love how it handles and each day I love it more and more; you feel secluded and the car feels like a palace on wheels at night with the ambient lights, alcantara headliner and carbon fiber. Each drive is a special outing in this supercharged SUV, from the slamming sound of the door shut, the sound of the exhaust or the supercharger. There are many nice things about the car that make it such a cool car after 30+ years.

I dont want to seem biased but I've driven many SUV's before from Cayenne, Range, ML, X5,X6 this is the closest comparison to a 4x4 Rolls Royce.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 12-31-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, enjoy it in best of health!

Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Alex_55
Thanks, enjoy it in best of health!
Your welcome my friend, happy new year to you.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thank you!!!

All the best for the new year!

Quick Reply: Edition 79 G55