Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Nice wheel selection, I wish you guys got the Performance package side mirrors in CF. I think more customization of the interior would look better, dont like the rest of the mercedes leather and plastic.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
dmanero is an unknown quantity at this point
The project is coming along very nicely, not to crazy about the interior. Little too mich stich work for my taste, either way it will fit right in at SEMA.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
IFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud of
Last day of the build!!!

Today I was running around all day through the freeways of Southern California. Last minute I decided that the all black front Mercedes grill was not working for me. I had Long at DTM Autobody spray the star emblem BASF Glasurit Liquid Metal to match the rest of the car to give the front some contrast. The end product turned out so much better then what we before. DTM Autobody also painted the intake valve covers Mclaren Orange to match the brakes.

I was eagerly waiting and tracking my UPS shipment from Carbonio. I was getting really nervous until 11pm when the carbon fiber intake, and carbon fiber engine covered arrived at the office. The Status Racing Harnesses came in the morning as well just in time. Then I drove down to Wheel Warehouse in Anaheim to pick up the new mounted concave carbon fiber wheels and rushed everything to Hyevon Motors in Huntington Beach to get the rest of the parts installed.

The team at Hyevon worked the entire night to finish all the last minute details. They even had their own detailer come by to give the car a complete detail treatment. I can't thank them enough. Without their help this project would have never made it to SEMA. I just left Hyevon at 2am this morning after the final decals and graphics from Instyle Graphics were applied to the car. Emergency Hookers the transport company is coming to pick up the car at 10am and then it will make the journey through the desert to be unveiled at SEMA.

Of course we ran into a few hiccups along the way and there will be changes made after the car returns from SEMA. One thing I was not happy with is the exhaust tips. The Porsche turbo ones are just too small for the big openings of the Misha Design carbon fiber rear diffuser. Hyevon will be making me some custom exhaust tips after the show. I also will upgrade to a 14" rear wheel instead of the 12.5" I currently have in the rear. The car has plenty of the room inside and the 375/20/21 tire has plenty of sidewall bulge.

Here are some quick pictures I took with my point and shoot. They aren't the best but will give you a general understanding of where the car stands at this point. I guarantee I will have some great pictures for you from the SEMA booth during the show with my SLR camera. For those coming to the SEMA show the car will be in Booth # 48056 in the South Hall. Come by I would love to meet some fellow car enthusiasts and fellow forum members. Its always good to put a face with a screen name.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
IFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud of
More Pictures

Old 10-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
dmanero is an unknown quantity at this point
All I can say right now is omg.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura about
WOW - awesome work .. and a lot of it

Old 10-30-2010, 01:39 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
That is absolutely sick, what a change!

Old 10-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
This car has really come out stellar. GREAT job guys!! I had no idea that the finished product would come out this great when this thread started.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I've followed this project since day one and I'm blown away by the final product great work and thanks for the writeup!

Old 10-30-2010, 02:31 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The quilted stitching on the a-pillars are spoiling the interior, otherwise so far so good.

Quick Reply: Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion