Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Brabus SLS AMG

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
LOVE IT! This made me like the car

Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by McRae
decent indeed...good thing they didnt over do it a la Mansory
+1

...not yet, anyway

Old 08-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
I think the wheels are a tad too big, but other than that, I'm diggin it

Old 08-27-2010, 08:42 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
car sounds amazing stock, an exhaust would turn it up to 11 which is great for some of us. rest of the car is fine stock, these unnecessary bits are just mods for the sake of mods. wheels are definitely too big as well.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Xtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to all
Fit and Finish

The side panel fit and finish in the 4th picture is poor.

IMO...The A-Pillar sits too upright and could be raked back a bit. Possibly the C-Pillar as well.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
This is a nice car, now they should put their twin turbo conversion on it as seen on the ml63.

Last edited by Jiaim; 08-31-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
not a fan of the wheels but I do enjoy Brabus' work

Old 08-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by IIVVX
car sounds amazing stock, an exhaust would turn it up to 11 which is great for some of us. rest of the car is fine stock, these unnecessary bits are just mods for the sake of mods. wheels are definitely too big as well.
If I had one of these, I wouldn't waste money on a Brabus exhaust. Chances are a similar sound can be had by removing a resonator or cats or getting an x-pipe.

Originally Posted by Jiaim
This is a nice car, now they should put their twin turbo conversion on it as seen on the ml63.
Well it's the same engine, right?
So surely (assuming the engine bay's got room), it should fit in any of the current V8 AMG models?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JamesCaton
If I had one of these, I wouldn't waste money on a Brabus exhaust. Chances are a similar sound can be had by removing a resonator or cats or getting an x-pipe.

Well it's the same engine, right?
So surely (assuming the engine bay's got room), it should fit in any of the current V8 AMG models?
agreed, but being as the sls' front engine setup differs from any of the other models, i would assume this particular kit wouldn't fit but i'm sure with some modifications they could make it work,however im not sure how effective it would be as alot of mercedes with very high horsepower numbers such as the sl65 black seem to not be able to get the power to the ground, honestly i would take mine with a stock engine and maybe some simple power mods, tune, exhaust, etc.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by joshg120
agreed, but being as the sls' front engine setup differs from any of the other models, i would assume this particular kit wouldn't fit but i'm sure with some modifications they could make it work,however im not sure how effective it would be as alot of mercedes with very high horsepower numbers such as the sl65 black seem to not be able to get the power to the ground, honestly i would take mine with a stock engine and maybe some simple power mods, tune, exhaust, etc.
I'd take mine, sell it, and buy a better car... lol
SLS is funny-looking.
They'll be worth bundles in say 30 or 40 years
But until then, they don't interest me.

Quick Reply: Brabus SLS AMG