Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Went to SLS Launch

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
exhaust sounds pretty mediocre similar to other 63 engines. event looks like fun though.

i wont be buying one of these. the coolest thing going is the gull wing. i would imagine it's hard to park that thing in daily life thought. won't you need a ton of clearance on the sides?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't wait to see a black series version of this car as it will surely be stellar! Is there any confirmation that this car will be beat?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:58 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
standard car is sorted, the black should be epic

Old 07-18-2010, 12:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
great stuff Mike, thanks!

Old 07-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Being a GT car, what would you rather have, your V12 vantage or an SLS. IMO the v12 vantage/DBS is the benchmark in sporty GT cars these days.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by djantlive
exhaust sounds pretty mediocre similar to other 63 engines. event looks like fun though.

i wont be buying one of these. the coolest thing going is the gull wing. i would imagine it's hard to park that thing in daily life thought. won't you need a ton of clearance on the sides?
The doors are hinged close to the center of the roof, so they actually dont take up much space on the sides when they open. The only small issue I would think is if your in a tight bay, you cant squeeze out, and you cant put your hand on the outer edge of the door to prevent bumping into the car opposite like you would in a conventional car.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Mmmmmmmm, Black Series! I think that Benz really succeeded with this car and what a beautiful sound it has! If they make a BS it would be such a monster! From the reviews I've read this thing can really handle as well as cover quite some ground.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:24 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
Did they tell you something about the performance package?
Quite a few people that got that package on the SLS told me that the suspension is too stiff for everyday use ....I could hardly believe that..
ok,..thought about it..
It looked so planted everytime I saw it,the suspension actually has to be very stiff
now I'm a believer

Old 07-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the pics.

I think MB did a great job with the aesthetics of the car. It looks simultaneously aggressive yet elegant.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Smokinsupra95 is an unknown quantity at this point
After attending 2 F1 races so far this season I can say that it's amazing to watch the pace car driver put his foot down. The car takes off and it's beautiful!

Quick Reply: Went to SLS Launch