Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

RENNTECH C63 - Standing Mile

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Dan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud of
RENNTECH C63 - Standing Mile

This past weekend we (Renntech) participated in a Standing Mile event down at the Dade-Collier airstrip. There was a fairly decent turnout, including a shifter cart with a Yamaha R1 engine strapped to it.. crazy people! Last week, we fabbed up some aero enhancements for the shops C63 specially for this event. Surprisingly these exterior additions bumped the cars standing mile speed up nearly 9mph - 185MPH! Here are a few pics and a video of the C63 in "standing-mile trim"

YouTube - RENNTECH C63 - Standing Mile Testing

Old 04-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Fast is smooth.......Smooth is fast..........

Old 04-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EcruisinUSA is on a distinguished roadEcruisinUSA is on a distinguished roadEcruisinUSA is on a distinguished roadEcruisinUSA is on a distinguished road
185mph is fast! All in a standing mile? jeez I can't go that fast from a rolling 5 mile...

Hey Dan is that an SL65 BS I spy in the last pic?

Old 04-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
crazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond repute
wow, impressive in a standing mile. I tried my ass off just to get my car to 170 and that was with ALOT of open road.

Other than the aero mods, what is done to the car? Also, how was the stability at that speed?

Old 04-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
how did you guys attached the modifications? you drilled in?

Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Dan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EcruisinUSA
185mph is fast! All in a standing mile? jeez I can't go that fast from a rolling 5 mile...

Hey Dan is that an SL65 BS I spy in the last pic?
Ah, good eye! Yes thats a customers BS getting all sorts of RENNTECH goodies. I'll keep you guys posted.. https://teamspeed.com/forums/amg/394...-renntech.html

Originally Posted by crazy1323
wow, impressive in a standing mile. I tried my ass off just to get my car to 170 and that was with ALOT of open road.

Other than the aero mods, what is done to the car? Also, how was the stability at that speed?
The C63 is equipped with RENNTECH's Package 3 which includes ECU Upgrade, CF airbox, Stainless Steel Headers, and our Sound and Performance Mod. These parts create a knock-out package for the C63, boosting performance numbers to 555HP and 515LB-FT of torque. Check out our C63 product catalog here: RENNTECH // MERCEDES // MCLAREN

Actually the C63 is extremely stable at these speeds. The aero improvements definitely helped stability here as well as the lowered and tighter suspension settings.

Originally Posted by alkyoneus
how did you guys attached the modifications? you drilled in?
Yes, the rear aero wheel covers are drilled into the quarters. This may sound like a crazy idea and you are correct, however we have our new widebody kit ready for installation within the next couple of weeks. So all of the holes will be covered once the kit has been fitted to the car. I'll be sure to get you guys some pics of that once its completed!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
THAT is sikk! Mad props to HF and the gang on the wheel spats! AWESOME!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great work fellas!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Nrgy is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome time Renntech! Out of curiosity, what is that sticking out the back in the 2nd picture? Some sort of modified diffuser? Have another angle of it if so?

Can't wait to see the widebody also. Do you guys have any ideas or plans to reach 600hp on the 63?