Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Milemarker-1 :: Standing Mile Run in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Milemarker-1 :: Standing Mile Run in Miami

Hello, all!
Wanted to give you a quick update on our trip to Miami before posting anything "official" on our blog. The event was a bit of a cluster-, with hand-held speed guns doing the "official" timing, but the hot day and 140 degree track temperature meant that some of the faster guys were way down on speed. Eddie Bello, who normally runs over 230, was kept down around 210, so we are VERY happy with JR's GTR hitting a GPS-indicated 196 mph and "official" 191 mph - GREAT JOB, JR!

All in all, looks like Bello was fastest, followed by a pair of twin-turbo Ford GTs, then us with the 191 "official" speed. The car ran STRONG all day, didn't see temps over 220, and recovered brilliantly. VERY happy!

Rumor has it that the event will be held again in January, with proper timing lights - if it is, we'll be there with the P800/R900 GT2!

I included a few of my favorite pics, below - but you can see the rest here: Milemarker-1 OCT09 - a set on Flickr

Old 10-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
When has Bello "normally" run over 230? His fastest recorded mile speed is 226 mph. We'll see what he runs in an actual mile event in TX this weekend.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice Jo. It was friggin hot. i got only two runs in between 7AM and 1:20PM when I finally left. The radar gun was a joke. When my speedo and GPS read 167 they clocked me at 161 which would be a perfectly good result. When my speedo and GPS read 175 they clocked me at 157. Completely inacurate.

Topgun is also running on the same airport. They have an open class event where anybody can run and an exotic run, I believe Nov 17th. Seems there should be fewer cars and a better organisation at the Exotics only event. Good job though with the GTR it was dayumn hot.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Banned

Just downloaded the Driftbox data - the radar guns were off, but that 175/157 had to be a transcription error, no?

In any event, we were "clocked" at 191, VBox shows 194.9, speedo showed 195.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Jo,

can you pre-enter the distance in the drift box or does it stop when you let off the gas? How does it stop after the mile as I do not see a pre-set 1 mile setting such as the 1/4 mile 0-100-0 etc.?

Old 10-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Sully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to all
Do you know if USPmotorposrts 996 went?

Old 10-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
Sully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to all
NVM it went 187 i found it on there site

Old 10-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
pikemike420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Schwabe
Topgun is also running on the same airport. They have an open class event where anybody can run and an exotic run, I believe Nov 17th. Seems there should be fewer cars and a better organisation at the Exotics only event. Good job though with the GTR it was dayumn hot.
Saturday, November 14th

TOP GUN RUN

They have had some issues with registration if you have an older browser. If you cant register via computer, they send you a form, and you can pay via paypal.

They are using the Tag Heuer professional grade timing device that they use at the Texas Mile.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Luis
When has Bello "normally" run over 230? His fastest recorded mile speed is 226 mph. We'll see what he runs in an actual mile event in TX this weekend.
Total hearsay - just what I was being told trackside.

Quick Reply: Milemarker-1 :: Standing Mile Run in Miami