Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Brand new 2005 SL55

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chuck z
Thanks guys for all the great comments! Much appreciated.

The two options I forgot to mention are Handsfree Phone and Active Ventilated seats.

Actually we didn't buy it to make it a daily driver. There are a couple others for that duty. If we're buying a used car I always try to find the best example possible and usually one of the criteria is low mileage. I was stoked to find one with as few miles as this one. So I guess to answer your question; it was both the condition and the mileage. I hate that AMGs depreciate like they do but as a buyer when you can get basically a brand new car for MUCH less than half it's new MSRP it's hard to pass it up.

Probably not. Maybe do the exhaust b/c I do like to hear them..... This car has ~500 bhp stock and for the purposes of this car (a fun vert) I'm not really interested in any more power.
BAM!!

Old 09-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Wow, what a buy! You're making me miss my ex-SL's - what lovely cars! I like the previous shape far more than the current one as well.
Must have forgotten to take your pills today Mike...

Old 09-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
BAM!!
I didn't mean my comment to mean I'm happy about the steep depreciation curve on the AMG cars, fact is I wish they held their value better then they have........

Put the front spacers on tonight thanks to the guys at Evosport, when I called with my issue they jumped right on it and I had the right spacers at 8:30am this morning. While the difference is subtle with the 10mm spacer on each side I think it made a significant difference in the stance.