Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

C63 vs. CLK63 BS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dkab305
It would be my daily driver.
I'm not planning on doing any tuning to the car.
I'm trying to get rid of the backseats so people dont ask me for rides.

If anyone owns one that can give me some input on the car I'd appreciate it. Does it go through tires as bad as the C63 does etc.
Btw if I get it i plan on getting it in black. All benz's look the best in black in my opinion
I have a white one. IMO, the dark colors don't highlight the carbon fiber accents and seem to minimize the flairs. I don't believe people who own them have complained about excesive tire wear but that will depend largely on how you drive. With only 367 BSs in the US, you're not likely to see another very often. Black and silver are most prevelant colors so you shouldn't have much trouble finding one.

The only complaint I have with the car is; it's hard to keep your foot out of it. This thing has the potential to get me in a he!! of a lot of trouble..... It's very entertaining to say the least...

Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Did you decide to keep yours, Chuck?

Old 08-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
Did you decide to keep yours, Chuck?
I did. Just put Renntech secondary cat bypass on and have Renntech headers to go on next....

Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 AM
DFW
Teamspeed Junior Member
DFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dkab305
It would be my daily driver.
If anyone owns one that can give me some input on the car I'd appreciate it. Does it go through tires as bad as the C63 does etc.
Btw if I get it i plan on getting it in black. All benz's look the best in black in my opinion
Since you're in FL it would be a acceptable dd. Northern streets where they get freeze and thaw is not pleasing to the Black Series.

Mine is a dd here in TX and I think it's magnificent.

I've used 3 sets of tires, the stock Corsa's are a fantastic tire but really expensive. On my second set, I only use them on the track and I have 800 track miles and 1,000 street miles. Just typing that makes me want to stand up and applaud!

First set of street only Corsa's I got about 5k miles which is more than most C63 drivers get. However, their tires don't cost $2,200 for the set.

I'm now using Vredestein Sessanta's on the street and I'm very pleased. I have 5,500 miles and I believe another 2k before the rears are shot.
They cost just inside of $1k for 4 tires! Compare that to the Corsa's.

Since I don't drive that hard on the street, the Sessanta's should wear for another 2 to 3k miles ... I hope.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:04 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
once you picked up the thought of getting a BS
it won`t let you go until it is in your garage

so do yourself a favour and buy one soon

Old 08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by DFW
Since you're in FL it would be a acceptable dd. Northern streets where they get freeze and thaw is not pleasing to the Black Series.

Mine is a dd here in TX and I think it's magnificent.

I've used 3 sets of tires, the stock Corsa's are a fantastic tire but really expensive. On my second set, I only use them on the track and I have 800 track miles and 1,000 street miles. Just typing that makes me want to stand up and applaud!

First set of street only Corsa's I got about 5k miles which is more than most C63 drivers get. However, their tires don't cost $2,200 for the set.

I'm now using Vredestein Sessanta's on the street and I'm very pleased. I have 5,500 miles and I believe another 2k before the rears are shot.
They cost just inside of $1k for 4 tires! Compare that to the Corsa's.

Since I don't drive that hard on the street, the Sessanta's should wear for another 2 to 3k miles ... I hope.
I stand corrected. I didn't realize C63 owners were having tire wear issues and since my car only has ~1500 miles I wouldn't have expected tire wear on the BS!

I'm with you on the Vredesteins! Had a set on my 928 GTS and just ordered another set for my SL55! They are a very economical great quality tire.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
forhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond repute
no shit. it is killing me. has for months.
Originally Posted by ECB
once you picked up the thought of getting a BS
it won`t let you go until it is in your garage

so do yourself a favour and buy one soon

Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 AM
DFW
Teamspeed Junior Member
DFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by forhamilton
.... it is killing me. has for months.
It was 4 1/2 months from my first drive until I bought one.
Once they got near my target price it only took a month to find and close.
Be patient, you'll find a white one.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by forhamilton
no shit. it is killing me. has for months.
Mine was origanlly owned by the guy who owns Foriegn Cars Italia. He put 235 miles on it and sold it to us. We were going to buy a Maserati Gran Turismo from FCI and saw the BS sitting in the back, had them start it up and that was that! No Maser, we had a BS! Never lusted after one and never drove one until we were taking it home........ Can't imagine wanting one and having to wait! GL, I hope you find one soon!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Sold one new to a client. Love the car. Comes with Pilot spec tires like the GT3RS, terrible in rain and you need to replace them in 5 or 6K.

Quick Reply: C63 vs. CLK63 BS