Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

I present you my "Baby Monster" !

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:19 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
Very, very nice man ! enjoy it in the best of health...love the interior selection and colours.

I bet it flies
Yup, its a quick little bugger.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
vodkarocket is an unknown quantity at this point
The exterior color is really something, would love to see a highres pic in direct sunlight.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MeanMachine

I was afraid the car might turn off due to having such low gas on reserve, I finally arrived to the local gas station and filled it up with 98 octane for the equivalent of 20 dollars.
"
You gotta be jerking my chain, 20 dollars to fill up in Kuwait? Gas cost about $0.78 a gallon. So it should come out to $14.50 for a full tank of gas (SLK55 holds 18.5 gallons)

Old 02-23-2008, 12:07 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I paid 6kd to full up the tank which is equivalent to 20-22 dollars. 1 litre for the best petrol "98" is 0.90 fils

Last edited by MeanMachine; 02-23-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
I paid 6kd to full up the tank which is equivalent to 20-22 dollars.
Oh right.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:13 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by KAZ555
Oh right.
Want to know whats even cheaper, try filling up at Saudi Arabia but I have to say their petrol isnt the best when compared to Kuwait's as they dont offer unleaded and has many impurities.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:15 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Want to know whats even cheaper, try filling up at Saudi Arabia but I have to say their petrol isnt the best when compared to Kuwait's as they dont offer unleaded and has many impurities.
my father did some business in saudi years ago and he told me they used to not even man the pumps...they had sort of a "pay whatever you feel is fair" policy. drop some coins in a bucket and off you go.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:19 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by IIVVX
my father did some business in saudi years ago and he told me they used to not even man the pumps...they had sort of a "pay whatever you feel is fair" policy. drop some coins in a bucket and you're off.
Thats different now. I must say we don't need foreigners who are employed in the gas station to fill up our cars, I am not lazy and when he comes running to the car I just say thank you I'll fill it up as I can feel how they suffer in the summers heat especially in august were temperatures reach 50-55 degrees un-announced.

Overall I think the SLK is a great and nifty little car, but I must say it drinks petrol as quick as a young born drinks milk from his mothers chest.

I love this car alot that I wish to keep it for years to come, I'll grow and the car will grow with me something like a future classic. As an indication Just look at the 60's and early 70's SL especially the 280 SL pagoda it looks so good for its age.

My parents did alot of mistakes and we've sold some terrific cars we had a 99 F355 GTS, 95 928 GTS and an old Landrover defender and thats what made my eyes open to current cars that might be good future classics and the XKR is a keeper I can see it in 40 years time it will look very sexy yet "vintage".

Last edited by MeanMachine; 02-23-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:25 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
The exterior color is really something, would love to see a highres pic in direct sunlight.
Sorry mate, I dont have a SLR camera to take terrific pictures of the paint. Nearly all of my pictures dont show the SLK's true colours and thats a pity.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member

Problem with Saudi oil is that the reserves contain a decent amount of heavy oil with high sulfur as opposed to Kuwaiti oil which is mostly precious sweet crude. All the crude produced in Saudi Arabia, except for that of the offshore Field in the Persian Gulf is sour (lower quality oil) Kuwait has lots of oil with viscosity ranging from API-30-40 (less than 0.5% sulfur) thus making it very desirable to refiners. Iraqi oil is also very similar to Kuwaiti light, thus making it very attractive to refiners and Halliburton.

Now that is where the Mobil Exxon profits come in, Mobil Exxon has a sophisticated refining system that allows them to buy discounted crude heavy petroleum with high sulfur content than their competitors. The company is making huge profits because it can buy the crude at a cheaper trading price.

Just had to share

Last edited by KAZ555; 02-23-2008 at 12:46 AM.

Quick Reply: I present you my "Baby Monster" !