Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

SLK 55 Widebody By RexAccelero

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
SLK 55 Widebody By RexAccelero

Premier of the SLK 55 Widebody at San Diego So Cal Euro show. We attracted a LOT of attention, even while unloading we had a crowd!
The front fenders have been extended by 2.5 inches per side and the rear fenders have been extended by 2.75 inches per side. The final kit will be offered with a carbon fiber front lip and rear diffusor. All pieces will be vacuum bagged to maintain low weight (versus wet lay-up which is the industry standard). This is a serious kit, you will be dropping a lot of weight off the front end if you get the complete kit bringing the car closer to 50/50 weight distribution. Perfect for track days.
The hood and rear spoiler will be optional and can be purchased individually. The hood will have an option of either the current mean look, or the stock headlamp cutout. The spoiler will be available in carbon fiber as well. We also offer spacers for your wheels so you can start driving the car before you decide on the wheels. All vents are functional, but they can be blocked off if you plan on driving the car where there is a lot of mud and snow.
We can have the kit painted and installed for you if you don't want to deal with the hassle. All parts except for the rear fender bolt to the stock location. The rear fender can either be riveted on, or epoxied on, depending on the look you are going after.
We will be accepting orders from September 1, 2008.
Once finished, 12 inch rims will fit in the back, and 9.5 inch rims will fit in the front. The current car has been lowered with H&R Springs, and has VERY slightly oversize tires. Current rims are DPE R16. Engine is still a stock 55 motor with a modified intake, output of 360 hp and 380 tq. Eventually we plan on some radical changes, but we need to get this kit done first. This project started after losing an informal race to Tom's SLK32. I realized the biggest problem this car has is traction and weight distribution. I changed from tire to tire, but just couldn't get enough rubber to the ground because the inner wheelwell sticks out too far and prevents you from putting on tires over 275 mm without struggling with rubbing.

Rex Accelero

Looks interesting and vaguely familiar like the new black series sl. what do you guys think?

Old 09-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
not so good

Old 09-06-2008, 05:05 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly the matte paint is not so good on the car, the bodykit might look good but I cant see it as a must for an SLK. Its just too extreme for this car.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:08 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Not a fan. It looks like a kit car in need of a bath.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
What!? That thing is terrible. All of those cosmetic changes and NO performance change?? Chuck the body kit and put a 6.3 liter in that baby. If I want a bad body kit I will just call up Lorinzer.

I still take mine every day and twice on Sunday.

For the whole set, follow this link: http://downforce.smugmug.com/gallery...16427782_zUZqX

Last edited by Barrister; 09-06-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:47 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
What!? That thing is terrible. All of those cosmetic changes and NO performance change?? Chuck the body kit and put a 6.3 liter in that baby. If I want a bad body kit I will just call up Lorinzer.

I still take mine every day and twice on Sunday.

For the whole set, follow this link: downforce : photos : Brabus B55- powered by SmugMug
Its like haute cuisine, simplicity is the key to success.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't look very good.