Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Widebody 997 Cab: Modified by you know who

Old 02-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Widebody 997 Cab: Modified by you know who

We've got different cars/projects going on most days so I'll try and post pix and stuff of some of the neat projects we've got going on as of late. Today we just finished this 997C4 cab project....

The first step was to take the transmission off and replace the dual mass flywheel with our lightweight flywheel kit. The way it revs now is much improved. Stock cars almost feel sluggish by comparison.

The next step was to tackle the suspension. The car has PASM so we used the "plug-in" Bilstein Damptronic kit. We added the H&R sway bars for smoother transitions...

Becase it was a non-S model the owner wanted a brake overhaul so we choose Brembos newest 6-piston monoblock kit. I need to bed the brakes in so I'll reserve judgement till then but suffice it to say that the weight savings are quite significant thanks in part to those two piece rotors...

Old 02-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pictoral Alex, and once again your clients seem to spare no expense when upgrading and modifying their machines!! Or could it be that you are just that damn good at upselling them!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks off the chain!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:03 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
For the outside we did our usual TechArt front lip and sideskirt treatment and lowered the car 1.25 inches.

We also installed some light-weight C-20s from HRE (another nice weight saving).

On the inside we went with the TechArt thicker wheel and evo pedals.

On the performance side we installed the EVO Intake, RSS Plenum and the GIAC flash.

And finally the Tubi exhaust and headers...

We don't often see/mod 997C4's but on this one not much is stock now

Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Smoothcab
Nice pictoral Alex, and once again your clients seem to spare no expense when upgrading and modifying their machines!! Or could it be that you are just that damn good at upselling them!!!
Hehe thanks Kenny. I think it's that in the Bay Area we've just got a bunch of "crazed" Porsche nuts is all I cannot imagine a more hardcore spot to be honest... I swear I tell people "no that's a bad idea/waste of money" more than "Ok let's do this" LOL!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Car looks off the chain!
Thanks mate!

This is how she revs
http://videos.g33kd.net/shark_werks_...t_flywheel.wmv

Old 02-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't even recognize it as a Porsche from Sharkwerks without some sort of wing on the back. love the curved look

Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Craigger
I didn't even recognize it as a Porsche from Sharkwerks without some sort of wing on the back. love the curved look
hehe thanks man I think C4/C4S' just need to have "no" wing... They look great from the back as is

Old 02-06-2008, 10:28 AM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
alex, can we see an ass shot?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by MTK
alex, can we see an ass shot?
LOL... arse shot you mean. OK let me at least nuke the plate

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Widebody 997 Cab: Modified by you know who