Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Unlock iPhone options

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Unlock iPhone options

Am thinking of getting at least one iPhone 4S 64G when our Verizon contract is up in May, and looking at options of buying NIB factory unlocked vs. a locked one from ATT and unlocking it myself.

I stumbled upon this site, and looking through their steps, it seems pretty simple and painless, and the tool is cheap.

Has anyone used this? Is there any better tools out there?

iphoneunlockeasily.com

Old 03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
As someone who decided to save a couple of pesos and try unlocking a phone myself, I have to say that most of the time, it isn't worth it. From what I understand, a jailbroken phone cannot be updated, may malfunction at any time, and its warranty is voided.

To do it over again, I'd just one from the Apple Store.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
The only way you can currently unlock a 4S is using a hardware unlock such as the rebel sim, ranges from $25 to $50

Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
if you buy from Apple unbranded this is easiest way

Old 03-23-2012, 05:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
CinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to all
If you are going with ATT, then they will still make you sign up for contract. I would get the phone from ATT and get the rebel sim above. Cheaper that way. My brother went through that with them when I got him a factory unlock iphone from asia.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
j0wa is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the Gevey sim. It is the best and they have one that will unlock both cdma and gsm iphone 4s.

http://applenberry.com/

you can buy it there.

My advice, get an factory unlock one. Will save you tons of time and headache.