Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

outlook/itunes/syncing help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Question outlook/itunes/syncing help

for what ever reason; when I change a note in my outlook, its not syncing to my iphone- however even when I change the note on my phone, it's not syncing with my outlook- EVEN though the time stamp and date for the sync are correct.

I'm not sure but I'm thinking *maybe* my outlook is corrupt? I've changed a note several times but it won't keep the latest details.

I want the LAST entry to supersede the old info- whether that comes from the iphone or outlook.

HELP!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Quite possibly an outlook issue, though fortunately I don't use that minefield of woe, so can't offer much help there.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
Quite possibly an outlook issue, though fortunately I don't use that minefield of woe, so can't offer much help there.
Thats what I'm thinking. Question though; where do I select it to change the data- regardless of the device? meaning the last change to the data supersedes the former?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Thats what I'm thinking. Question though; where do I select it to change the data- regardless of the device? meaning the last change to the data supersedes the former?
iTunes sync setting for the device.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
stupid question; if I have it set up to 'back up via iCloud' then should I NOT hook up my phone and press 'sync' to itunes? Also, is having an exhange server causing an issue? according to the iphone manual it says

Tips for syncing with iTunes

If you’re using iCloud to store your contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and notes, don’t also sync them to your device using iTunes.

Last edited by STOPPIE; 02-21-2012 at 05:40 PM.