Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

New iPhone 4S has questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Jsf721 is on a distinguished roadJsf721 is on a distinguished road
New iPhone 4S has questions

So I got my son an iphone 4S for the holidays and it was delivered today. I got home form work late so I will not set it up until the weekend.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate some expertise on:
1. DO I charge the iPhone over night the first time? Or just until 100%?

2. In the future do you top off battery or wait until dead to charge?

3. He has a iMac with iMail and iCal. What e mail provider is best for him to use to sync e mail, push e mail and sync contacts?

4. How do I get iClould set up for him? (What exactally is this?)

5. He is on my iTunes account can I set up his own iClould and him still be on my iTunes. My Apple ID is my e mail and his e mail is differennr. is this a conflict.

6. Anything else I should know, do or install?

Sorry for some of these questions but I am new to the iPhone and dont want to mess up his install.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
So, does your iPhone have questions, or do you have questions? I'm confused.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jsf721
So I got my son an iphone 4S for the holidays and it was delivered today. I got home form work late so I will not set it up until the weekend.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate some expertise on:
1. DO I charge the iPhone over night the first time? Or just until 100%?

2. In the future do you top off battery or wait until dead to charge?

3. He has a iMac with iMail and iCal. What e mail provider is best for him to use to sync e mail, push e mail and sync contacts?

4. How do I get iClould set up for him? (What exactally is this?)

5. He is on my iTunes account can I set up his own iClould and him still be on my iTunes. My Apple ID is my e mail and his e mail is differennr. is this a conflict.

6. Anything else I should know, do or install?

Sorry for some of these questions but I am new to the iPhone and dont want to mess up his install.
1. You can charge the iPhone anytime, whether near full battery, or low battery.

2. You can do either to charge your phone! It functions the same with low and high battery until it loses power.

3. I'm sorry I do not own a Mac; I cannot help you with much of the iCal service. However, if you want email on your phone, there should be a mail app that should guide you through setting up your email account on the 4s.

4. To get iCloud set up, go to settings, tap "iCloud", and establish your iCloud preferences. For the iCloud account, use your Apple ID info for the username, and password.

- iCloud is a new system Apple created for the 4S that transfers information from your phone wirelessy to your desktop computer.

5. I experienced this problem as well, personally, having the same ID can be beneficial if you both want the same/free apps to be shared on both phones. However, having seperate ID's is also not a problem. There is no new cost for another ID. I used a new ID because of iTunes gift cards, and did not want everybody else using the money

- For me, I find "Dropbox" much more efficient and useful than iCloud. It acts the same way, where you can set up a Dropbox folder on your computer, which can be accessed on your phone via the Dropbox app. You can drop pictures, documents, PDF's, etc. into the Dropbox on your phone, and find it on your computer.

I'm no Apple expert, but I hope this helped. If you still need additional assistance, I'd just call, or go into an Apple store; they will know what to do.

Last edited by SATURN_rob; 01-05-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Jsf721 is on a distinguished roadJsf721 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mafishman1
So, does your iPhone have questions, or do you have questions? I'm confused.
Must be that Siri posting!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Banned
vdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these parts
just plug it in, the damn things do it thems selves, or ask tha bitch siri,