Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

iOS5 Headaches

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
iOS5 Headaches

I have been having the following two issues since updating to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4.

-Apps not necessarily crashing, but when I go to start them they refuse to open. For example, about once every 3-4 days I have to delete and download facebook. This is the case for a few different apps. Restarting, closing all open apps, and updating all apps has not helped.

-Wifi issues. My internet at home works fine with all devices except for my iPhone. It will stream youtube or podcasts via airplay to my Apple TV but it will refuse to open a webpage. When I turn off Wifi the internet and related apps wrok fine. This wouldn't be a huge issue but since I use Wifi now for cloud backups and such I would rather leave it on all the time.

Anyone else seeing the same?

Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds more like local networking issues than anything to do with the phone. You could recover the phone and eliminate the possibility of something being munged, but it is quite rare.