Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Deleting multiple contacts at once on iPhone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Deleting multiple contacts at once on iPhone?

I dunno what just happened, but I synced my iPhone contacts to my laptop and now have a bajillion duplicates. Please someone tell me there's a way to delete multiple contacts at once as opposed to going through each one individually??
Dammit. Sometimes I just wish I could use a Rolodex.....

Old 10-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
you are SOL. has happened to me on more than one occasion.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
you are SOL. has happened to me on more than one occasion.
Hmm...not what I wanted to hear, Mark. Grrrrr.....Guess I better get started on my deleting. Gonna take me forever. How can this be prevented in the future?

Old 10-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds odd. You may want to check your iTunes preferences. I am not sure how that happened but like you said you don't want that to happen again. If that isn't obvious go to a store and they will be glad to help. Do it before the 14th though. The stores will be mobbed with 4S consumers. GL

Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Sounds odd. You may want to check your iTunes preferences. I am not sure how that happened but like you said you don't want that to happen again. If that isn't obvious go to a store and they will be glad to help. Do it before the 14th though. The stores will be mobbed with 4S consumers. GL
Odd indeed. Now the duplicates are in my Address Book on my laptop. Why isn't there a way to delete them off the computer and then resync?? Stupid Apple.....

Old 10-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
Do you happen to have mobileme?

Old 10-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Pinned
Do you happen to have mobileme?
Nope.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Same thing happened to me twice...I'm introverted so don't have many contacts/friends.

Sent via SoftBank iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Can't you just restore it from a backup you made before this?

Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
Can't you just restore it from a backup you made before this?
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He must sit there and delete them one by one... then you tell him he could have just used his back up files

Quick Reply: Deleting multiple contacts at once on iPhone?