Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Easiest way to change iphone4 sync computer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Easiest way to change iphone4 sync computer?

I want to change the computer I use to sync my iPhone from my desktop iMac to my Macbook.

Any easy ways of doing this?

Old 02-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a pc user, not Mac. But fwiw I use a payware app called copytrans and it works great.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
PM Simba. I am sure it should be fairly simple.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
You can just sync it to the new machine-- it will prompt you to erase the phone, and it will blow away any music/video you have on it, but it will retain all settings and contacts. You can then move whatever media files to the other machine and re-sync and you're good.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
You can just sync it to the new machine-- it will prompt you to erase the phone, and it will blow away any music/video you have on it, but it will retain all settings and contacts. You can then move whatever media files to the other machine and re-sync and you're good.

Will it also erase all the apps or retain them? My phones Jailbroken. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Can I back up my itunes folder to a external HD and then copy it to the itunes folder on my new computer?

Old 02-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes Alin, you can do that. Just go to finder>music>iTunes>iTunes Music, and then copy the contents to the external HDD.