Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Video editing software

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
But they must realize that the vast majority of their consumers are NOT professional video editors that would still like some of the functionality of FCE.
Actually, the vast majority of their customers are professionals in the entertainment industry in some way shape or form. Certainly when it comes to Final Cut. There's only so much you can simplify when it comes to professional tools.

I finally figured out how to do the blur thing. But after an hour of trying to create and insert a simple title page at the beginning of my vid, I gave up
Couldn't be easier. Crank up Photoshop, create a new image using the appropriate preset (Select the "Film & Video" group, then whatever you're shooting in.. for most, NTSC DV or HDV). Then, create whatever you want, save it as a PSD, and you can import it directly into Final Cut and drop it onto your timeline.

The industry joke is that Final Cut has one of the most advanced title card editors in the world. It's called Photoshop.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
Actually, the vast majority of their customers are professionals in the entertainment industry in some way shape or form. Certainly when it comes to Final Cut. There's only so much you can simplify when it comes to professional tools.

Couldn't be easier. Crank up Photoshop, create a new image using the appropriate preset (Select the "Film & Video" group, then whatever you're shooting in.. for most, NTSC DV or HDV). Then, create whatever you want, save it as a PSD, and you can import it directly into Final Cut and drop it onto your timeline.

The industry joke is that Final Cut has one of the most advanced title card editors in the world. It's called Photoshop.
While you obviously have the 'inside' info and statistics, I still find it hard to believe that the number of 'professionals' who purchase this product outnumber the relative video 'novice'.

As far as photoshop....yeah....I don't have that yet
Actually, creating a title page on FCE is quite easy and I did figure it out. Only problem was I had already edited the footage and created a matte. I just couldn't figure out how to stick on a title page at the beginning of the vid without screwing up the timing of my matte. Ah well. I'll play with it some more.