Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Just bought MacBook..

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 06:01 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Just bought MacBook..

Hey Guys

As if I needed yet another laptop, I bought a Macbook today..Wondering if the ram from my old MacBook fits in this one? I have the black one.

I have a MacBook and MacBook Pro (15"), I used to think they were pretty much the same but the screen is much better on the Pro to the regular MacBook.

I went to the apple store with the idea of getting a 15" MBP but I much prefer the size of the 13"..I wish they had all the features of the MBP in a 13" size.

Regardless, so far I am finding the keyboard and over all feel of this new laptop far superior to the old one.

I bought an iPhone and a .me account at the same time..always hated them but wanted to sync everything up and give it a spin.

WOndering if the ram from the black Macbook fits in this one...

Old 11-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
i just bought the new Macbook too. I was formally a huge Apple hater (had numerous ipods and a Powerbook). The iPhone changed my mind, however, as it is an awesome device and has proven to be incredible well built. This new Macbook is a pleasure to use and the build quality is very impressive.

Sorry I can't help with your RAM question.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:52 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
I have about 7 misc, laptops scattered around here..and this is a very significant improvement over any Mac laptop before it..

If I didn't have a MacPro (tower), I would have bought the new MBP for the work I do with photography..It has built in Fire Wire, better screen resolution, etc. but I much prefer the smaller size for travel, etc.

Have you had previosu versions of the iPhone? Is this significantly better?

I have to close 3 Verizon numbers tomorrow and expect to get hammered in penalties. I was figuring I would keep Verizon on one line for a dedicated phone as ATT and the iphones I have used have been inferior.

But with the few calls I have made, I am pleasantly surprised with the quality..

Go apple!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
im on gen 1 iPhone unlocked and on T-mobile. Works great.

This laptop is not even comparable to my 12" Powerbook a few years ago.

I too have a ton of laptops laying around although all of mine are PCs now. I hesitate to speak so highly of it so soon, but so far this is the best laptop I have owned.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 PM
MrTheBadGuy
I know, it's really amazing...Did you get the 13 or 15? I love the size of the 13 but I am tempted to exchange it tomorrow for the 15...I like the lit keyboard, etc..but it's heavy too..

Old 11-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
no fire wire ftl.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:41 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
no fire wire ftl.
I like the lit keyboard...if the screen difference on the 15 is the same as the former series, I'll probably like the 15" better..

I am so not sure what to do..

maybe get both...like i have now..

throw it to the wolves (kids)

Has anyone here bought a 15" new MBP or compared it to the 13"?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Control It
I know, it's really amazing...Did you get the 13 or 15? I love the size of the 13 but I am tempted to exchange it tomorrow for the 15...I like the lit keyboard, etc..but it's heavy too..
FWIW you can get a macbook with a backlit keyboard - you just need the high end one.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
06 through 08 Macbooks use PC2-5300 at 667 Mhz. The new aluminum ones use PC3-8500 at 1066 Mhz. You can't interchange DDR2 memory with DDR3. You can however use memory of the same type with a slower speed, however in doing so all memory in the machine will run at the same (lowest) speed.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
i have the 13" Macbook with the faster processor which means it has the backlit keyboard and is exactly like my girlfriend's new Macbook Pro. I don't care about the firewire and like the 13" size much better so it was a no brainer for m.

Quick Reply: Just bought MacBook..