Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Part 2 - Took the toy to the playground

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Part 2 - Took the toy to the playground

This thread is sort of a continuation of: Took the toy to the playground.

I stayed overnight at Blue Waters Mountain Lodge on Santeetlah lakeand just off the US129. Peaceful and great people. I woke early and there was mist on the lake and a slight frost on the car... just a surreal peaceful early morning.

After a brekkie of quiche, bacon, fruit, and belly full of coffee I headed towards the Tail of the Dragon. There are sections of the US129 that are challenging and breathtaking and yet not officially part of the Dragon.

I stopped at Deal's Gap for another coffee and bum around the store. Its always a good idea to stop there and get the load down about road conditions and the whereabouts of those fine fellows who protect us Result: all good with very little traffic at this time of a Monday morning.

Time to head onto the Dragon... twisties galore, car is performing miracles flawlessly and my grin gets bigger and bigger until.... whoa!!! A family of wild turkeys (or something) just crossing the road in mid corner! They were huge! Hey ho... the brakes did their thing and I my smile returned.

Normally I just drive through the Dragon but this morning there was hardly any traffic and I could blast from one section to another and stop to check out the road and scenery whenever I wanted to. It was a glorious drive.

The colours were something to behold!

The car looked stunning in this surreal setting. Of course I'm biased but I am so happy with my choice of options especially PDCC which worked wonderfully adjusting to soften the ride on rough roads and then eliminating roll during spirited driving on the twisties. It saved my neck when I braked aggressively in mid corner for the birds and the car stopped with no awkward pitching or dampening. Amazing! I'm in love with the Platinum Silver and Platinum CS wheels. I covered 500 miles and the wheels looked good throughout and hid the brake dust very well.

I stopped at the summit which is the official end point of the Tail of the Dragon and parked unknowingly over some sprayed red graffiti on the road which read...

LIVE, LOVE, LIFE!

How appropriate and perfect end to my fall visit to the Smokies! I am thankful for the trip and just a fun couple of days.

Oh and about the car and all the issues about the options we should get or leave?... get whatever you want as it'll be just great! The 991 is an engineering marvel and it will put as huge a smile on your face as it has on mine. We are fortunate indeed.

On my way home I got the oil changed at the dealer and the car is washed and tucked away in its lair. Apologies for the long winded posting and I promise to not to start so many pic heavy threads. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Haku; 10-24-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond repute
rep!

Old 10-25-2012, 03:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
suhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished road
"You must spread reputation before giving it to Haku again"

Goes without saying, dunnit?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Teamspeed Member
Leon-Surfer is on a distinguished roadLeon-Surfer is on a distinguished roadLeon-Surfer is on a distinguished roadLeon-Surfer is on a distinguished roadLeon-Surfer is on a distinguished road
Amazing trip, and nice photos!
As you said, the new 991 is really an engineering marvel with a beautiful design!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Fable is on a distinguished roadFable is on a distinguished road
Great!!

Old 10-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Amazing thread!!! Perfect pics, beautiful road, excellent car. This is what driving is all about. These are my favorite types of threads.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots! Got to love fall in NE.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the write up n pics. I'm glad I only live 30min away from those same roads

Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
I know those roads

Great pictures and wonderful looking 991....glad you enjoyed it.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Awesome thread. My buddy takes his S2000 down to the dragon once a year. I am planning on going with him this year. Thanks for the pics!

Quick Reply: Part 2 - Took the toy to the playground