Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Shark Werks Project 997.2S, Brembo, TechArt, Werks1, RSS, MACarbon & then some!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Shark Werks Project 997.2S, Brembo, TechArt, Werks1, RSS, MACarbon & then some!

This gorgeous Atlas grey 2010 997S came into us for an entire make-over including the SharkWerks & Tubi exhaust, EVOMSit tuning, RSS & TechArt suspension components, 15 inch Brembo front and 15 inch Brembo rear brakes and a set of CEC c882 light-weight wheels. We added the Werks1 Front lip and Werks1 Carbon Fiber rear diffuser. The goal was a daily driver with some regular track duty...

In she comes for surgery...

A few of the goodies waiting to be installed, including the RSS front and rear sway bar kit (50% stiffer), TechArt 20mm lowering springs and Shark Werks exhaust:

Here's the heavier stock side muffler vs the incoming lighter-weight Tubi:

The SharkWerks and Tubi exhaust installed together:

Meanwhile back in the Lab, the brain is given a 91 octane EVOMSit powered tune for more HP and better response:

The mushy rear feel from the stock neoprene bushings is combated with a set of the adjustable RSS dog bones and Toe-steer kit armed with solid monoballs.

The front springs installed (20mm lowering all the way around):

Next we install the GT3-style adjustable RSS lower control arms. The included solid thrust arms bushings and monoballs will give the suspension more precision and less slop:

For more consistent braking at the track we replaced the factory brake system with a Brembo 380mm front 6 piston set up and a rear 380mm 4 piston kit. Off with the factory calipers, pads, rotors and lines:

On go the massive fronts (also lighter than stock) with two piece slotted rotors for improved cooling/longevity at the track:

Installing the CEC 882 light-weight forged 19 inch wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires:

And of course the rears also finished in silver:

They fit too!

The interior got a spruce up via some high-quality MACarbon:

In goes the rear main center console and PDK knob:

And vents:

The wind-tunnel engineered Werks1 carbon fiber diffuser is also fitted to the rear:

Mind those driveways!

The front Werks1 lip also added:

Lowered, lightened, tightened, amplified and ready to go hit Laguna Seca and/or some canyons:

Old 10-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Looks awesome. needs a wing

Old 10-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looks great! Yes, it does need a wing of some sort. Great thread though, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using teamspeed

Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great guys!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Let me start by stating that normally I like the exhaust and other work Sharkwerks does and that my comments are entirely based on aesthetics and not on the performance mods you have undertaken. I will assume that with your performance mods the cars drives great.

I guess someone has to say it, I prefer the looks of the original as it was! Dare I say it...the rear diffuser and design of the wheels really ruin the car and look awful and tacky. The inside bits... hmmm ok.

I understand that you do what your customer wants and whatever floats ones boat etc. but this time the car just doesn't look as good as before! Don't mean to upset anyone. Just stating my opinion.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
chitosing is on a distinguished roadchitosing is on a distinguished road
Haku, you are not alone. And nothing against Sharkwerks also, but in general I just can't stand modified cars especially 911s. Suspension is probably the farthest I'd go.

Cheers!