Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and you!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by z356
Re: "Any chance we can see some pics of those 356's?" Most of my 356's were gone from my garage before the age of digital photography came of age. The only digital photos I have handy are of my the last (and best) 356 that I kept for over 15 long years! It was a 1965 C Cabriolet with 35k original miles, factory paint, interior & top. A museum quality vehicle that would have done very well in Preservation Class at any PCA Parade, although I never took it out to a single show - ever! It was 'Signal Red' with black leather seats. It was built very early in 1965, one of the last made before production ended that Winter. Bought from the original owner from Sunnyvale, CA. Included full records, tool kit, etc. It was purchased at Gus Mozart dealership in Palo Alto in May of 1965, the last of the 356's among brand new 911's in the dealer's showroom. Set a record sales price for a 356 C cabriolet when I sold it in 2007! Photo taken in a garage at a former mountain home we used to have in Nevada.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, Colorado
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
This is Epic thanks for the info... tell us more of your older P Car memories...sort of like the 250GTO thread..

Old 07-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
is there no "designo" mercedes benz available in the US?
Yes there are but it limited in scope. 'Designo' is the 'Porsche Exclusive' of Mercedes Benz, although I don't believe they toy around in some 'performance' parts like 'Porsche Exclusive' does (e.g. the Sport Exhaust on my Spyder was developed by 'Porsche Exclusive', not series production!).

Mercedes in Europe and perhaps ROW pretty much allows a customer to order anything he wants. MBUSA has limited offerings that are carefully coordinated 'Designo' packages (exclusive exterior colors and leather interiors) and you can choose* only from that limited selection! See the difference?

I have personally selected two US 'Designo' interiors for my MB's. They just allow these interiors on certain select models! I currently have a gorgeous 'Designo' Cognac interior in my 2007 CL600! See photo attached. But if you today decide that you want that 'Cognac' interior as 'Leather to Sample' on your next Mercedes, you are plain out of luck! Same fate if you want 'Paint to Sample' on any MB destined for the US! 'Porsche Exclusive' is a very rare offering among any auto maker serving today the US market so we must take advantage of it while it lasts!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, Colorado

*I have a theory as to why they do that. MB's are heavily leased and they want to take little chances on future resales of 'odd' colored cars or 'weird' interiors, per their narrow minded corporate thinking. But it could also be they want to limit odd parts in inventory to stock for the US! Or worry about the warranty claims of US customers that are overly protected in this market by federal & state 'consumer protection' laws. For example, a PTS sample car comes in as you ordered it but you change your mind and now want your deposit back! I don't really know the real reason but can only speculate. Same for BMW.

Attached Images  

Last edited by z356; 07-26-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Are you ready for 'AMBER ORANGE' on your next Porsche?

OK, for my next post on this thread, perhaps we can make a bit of internet news! I will reveal the photos of the new 'AMBER ORANGE' leather interior color scheduled now for production on the 981 (and perhaps optional in the 991 in the future?) soon to hit our shores! See attached photos below. I have yet to see a finished car done with this interior. If any of you have, please provide us with a link!

The name 'Amber Orange' is a bit deceiving. I would consider it almost a member of the 'brown' family of colors, just brighter but with a decidedly hint of an 'orangy' overtone! This will be available for the 981 in what the configurator calls a 'two-tone' color combination, in conjunction only with 'Agate Grey' leather. PAG calls this type of offering a 'Leder Bicolor' and it translates to English as 'Leather bicolor'. More importantly, this BiColor combination will sport a very significant 'orange' deviating color stitching on the 'Agate Grey' leather dash and top door panels which will be very striking and noticeable! I urge you all to go to the PCNA website and 'built your own' 981 in this color combination with 3D! It is absolutely stunning!

It is also very reasonably priced and includes the extra deviating stitching (normally over $1000 of extra costs if ordered 'a la carte'). I will talk more about all the 'two-tone' interior combinations in an upcoming post on this thread. To me, these 'Bicolors' are the most interesting offerings currently available from Porsche on the new 981 and 991 models! The trick is to match them correctly to an exterior color! But for today, I wanted you all of you to see for yourselves what 'Amber Orange' looks like!

Although this new 'Amber Orange' color is initially offered only on the 981, I believe that this leather color MIGHT be available for mix & match into panels in the 991, but only by special request! And perhaps a similar 'BiColor Leder' option with 'Agate Grey' leather may be offered on the 991 in the future. That is why I am also posting this information on these 991 forums so you are aware of this 'new' leather color choice from Porsche.

I took these pictures at the Salt Lake City PCA Parade which just concluded less than two weeks ago! They were graciously shown to me by Sascha Glaeser who is 'Manager, Customer Consultation', for 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US. A few preliminary words about Sascha Glaeser. He is based in Los Angeles. His assistant, Melissa Witek, is based in New York. In future posts, I will describe in greater detail all the good work they are both doing to liven up our cars via the exquisite offerings of 'Porsche Exclusive'! PAG has assigned Sascha to the US after working for 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany. 'Beautiful Melissa', as I like to call her, was hired here in the States. They work with both US dealers and individuals to educate them on the various possibilities open to North American customers of Porsche via 'Porsche Exclusive'. I hope the information on my thread will make all of you better informed so that when you finally talk to either Sascha or Melissa on your prospective orders and make those conversations more productive for both parties!

I personally want to thank Sascha for all the time he spent with me in Salt Lake City (and previously helping me with my custom ordered Aqua Blue/Carrera Red MY2012 Spyder). Without his help, I would have very little to share with you on this forum!

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...ion/contactus/

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, Colorado

Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like Hermes's signature color - I like it. Would look great on a red car

Old 07-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Awesome thread, thanks for sharing the info & gorgeous 356!

Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
If you are ever in Philly i want to buy you a cup of coffee, a beer, or a cheeesteak to thank you for the knowledge you share on various forums with us.......seriously. I read all of this (and have printed some of it too).

I have been fortunate enough to see a few PTS/exclusive cars in person in my life and hope to one day order my own.

Cheers !!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
If you are ever in Philly i want to buy you a cup of coffee, a beer, or a cheeesteak to thank you for the knowledge you share on various forums with us.......seriously. I read all of this (and have printed some of it too).

I have been fortunate enough to see a few PTS/exclusive cars in person in my life and hope to one day order my own.

Cheers !!
Thank you, Sir! I might take you up on that one of these days. I attended the University of Pennsylvania as an undergraduate from 1968 to 1972, so I am familiar with Philly's delicious cheesesteak sandwiches! I need to make it back there soon, perhaps for a Homecoming football weekend, and cheer for the old Red & Blue!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Needs more exclamation marks!

Old 07-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Sascha is awesome. meeting him & talking about all the crazy specs is very fun things to do. obviously u better know ur stuff because he can tell.

if anyone in LA wanting to spec a unique car then the office of the "Porsche Exclusive'' is a must visit place. for example, the color selection on the stitching alone is just mind-blowing to look at.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and you!